new & stressed

Options
Hey there everyone. I'm new to the site. I signed up last night, so today will be my first actual day. I'm really nervous as to if I'll remember to log everything.

I've got a lot going on in my life right now, so I have a tendency to slip up with working out & doing what needs to be done. I just moved to a new state, got a new job, am getting married in 2 months & my soon-to-be husband is in the military so we don't necessarily get to see each other all that often.

So yeah, I don't know how well I can stick to a routine of logging food & exercise. Heck, I don't know how often I will exercise. My intentions are always good, but sometimes it's just been a long day at the office & I just don't have the energy.

Any encouragement & tips would be WONDERFUL!

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• krnelso
    Options
    Hey there everyone. I'm new to the site. I signed up last night, so today will be my first actual day. I'm really nervous as to if I'll remember to log everything.

I've got a lot going on in my life right now, so I have a tendency to slip up with working out & doing what needs to be done. I just moved to a new state, got a new job, am getting married in 2 months & my soon-to-be husband is in the military so we don't necessarily get to see each other all that often.

So yeah, I don't know how well I can stick to a routine of logging food & exercise. Heck, I don't know how often I will exercise. My intentions are always good, but sometimes it's just been a long day at the office & I just don't have the energy.

Any encouragement & tips would be WONDERFUL!

Have a great day everyone!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    This is a great site and EVERYONE here is so helpful and encouraging. :wink:

I wish you the best and welcome!

dd:drinker:
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Welcome! This site is very helpful and motivating!:flowerforyou:
  • mevans23
    Options
    Hey there I know what you are going through to the tee! I am married to a wonderful military man, have been through two deployments with him and just being newly weds in that time. It can be very lonely and discouraging, but us women must stick together and stay strong for our men. I have had the scale go up and down when he was overseas (heck it is still going up and down!) The only suggestion I can say is try to turn everything into a positive and start slow. Just eating more fruit or veggies, the main thing is to be healthy, not just weight! I have gotten so much positive encouragement from this sight and have been eating healthier (the scale rarely budges), but I know I'm in a better place. Take care and god bless. Need to talk just send me a note.:smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome -

Remember that exercise gives you energy and relieves stress - so do it anyway - once you do, you'll feel better.
  • krnelso
    Options
    Hey there I know what you are going through to the tee! I am married to a wonderful military man, have been through two deployments with him and just being newly weds in that time. It can be very lonely and discouraging, but us women must stick together and stay strong for our men. I have had the scale go up and down when he was overseas (heck it is still going up and down!) The only suggestion I can say is try to turn everything into a positive and start slow. Just eating more fruit or veggies, the main thing is to be healthy, not just weight! I have gotten so much positive encouragement from this sight and have been eating healthier (the scale rarely budges), but I know I'm in a better place. Take care and god bless. Need to talk just send me a note.:smile:

Well at least I'm not alone! It's funny how alone you can feel at times though. Which really does NOT help with the losing weight & becoming healthier. I need to lose weight to become healthy. The bad part is that I am like the pickiest eater ever. Rarely eat veggies & fruits aren't in season right now... I wish there was a way around the veggies & stuff.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Welcome -

Remember that exercise gives you energy and relieves stress - so do it anyway - once you do, you'll feel better.

I think this is important to remember. The more you do, the more you will want to do. The important thing is TO START. That will give you momentum to continue. Newton's first law of motion: "A body in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted on by an outside force." I'm in a 12 step program so I've heard a lot of really corny sayings meant to keep me motivated, but some really do make sense. One of my favorites: "A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step." The important thing is to start somewhere, and then remember to continue, tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, and the day after that.

Welcome to the group, I've only been here a couple of weeks myself and I love it....