100 lbs lost this week

Options
New to myfitnesspal. Joined and purchased premium for many reasons.
This week marks a milestone for me. I have lost 100 lbs since last April 11. Started a Biggest Looser contest at work and kept on going. Purchased a Fitbit, Tracked Calories and Walked Walked Walking.
q4awc9nj3kzj.jpg

I have 38 lbs to go to my goal and am getting ready to go into a new phase of my continued quest for a longer and more healthy life. At 61 I have lost serious weight in my life at least 3 times and gained it all back. This time I am doing something different. I am considering Weight Maintenance as the most important life style change. The Next phase of my Weight management will be the true test of my dedication to this commitment and the primary reason I am trying myfitnesspal for the next year as a tool to help me.

Any suggesting on this goal would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Dennis

Replies

• JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    100 lbs lost AS OF this week (fixed your title for you. Right now it sounds like you had a really really good week)

I've got nothing to add other than that, really. Congratulations on your success up till now ... you're in a place that not many people ever see. Breathing rarified air, so to speak. For that last 38 lbs ... MFP works if you use it. I've found that there's a lot of power in passive accountability.

Best of luck to you.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic!!! Way to go! I agree with @JamestheLiar consistently tracking everything works because the of the accountability. Making it a habit to acknowledge my daily calories etc makes a big difference in my choices. Good luck on the next 38!