Best tasting protein shakes???

Options
Help me find the least giddy. I honestly loved shakeology but 100+ $ is a no go..

Replies

• ajrossa
    ajrossa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tend to use vanilla protein powder. If you want to have a chocolate taste just add a teaspoon or two of real chocolate powder to it. For fruity tastes add fresh fruit - much better.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't use protein shakes for the taste, but to supplement protein when not sufficient through diet. Most people are able to get enough protein through diet.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I use Matrix (currently have their Anabolic shake in Caramel Machiato) and Phd - their cherry bakewell is beautiful
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You don't use protein shakes for the taste, but to supplement protein when not sufficient through diet. Most people are able to get enough protein through diet.

This.
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I cant handle protein powders no matter what i mix them with. And i dont feel i NEED them at this point but i do like to have extra protein in the mornings when i put up our stock truck. I just get a breakfast shake with higher protein. Special K has one called chocolate mocha that is very good. I can just grab that and a granola bar and be on my way.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I like Quest salted carmel (with a little quest peanut butter thrown in).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I like Quest salted carmel (with a little quest peanut butter thrown in).

This^^ (but I haven't added the PB)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ajrossa wrote: »
    I tend to use vanilla protein powder. If you want to have a chocolate taste just add a teaspoon or two of real chocolate powder to it. For fruity tastes add fresh fruit - much better.
    This. A hand blender will be your friend.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Help me find the least giddy. I honestly loved shakeology but 100+ $ is a no go..

IsoPure Zero Carb Vanilla
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    Every flavor of MTS whey has been delicious, myprotein pineapple is really good(not sure about the rest of their lineup but im sure its good), and pump chasers GAF peach cobbler has been my favorite to date.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I use unflavored whey protein then add milk and whatever else I have around. Usually Ovaltine or Mexican hot chocolate. Sometimes I add yogurt, peanut butter, vanilla extract or whatever fruit needs used up. Coffee if its early. Chocolate chips, baking chocolate, or cocoa and sugar if that's all I have. I kinda have to have chocolate with my protein.
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I really like Click's mocha and vanilla latte. Also Fitmiss' chocolate or chai.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    True nutrition chocolate fudge brownie and fruit punch varieties.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I like the Cytosport chocolate whey isolate powder made by Muscle Milk and sold by Costco in 6#bags for only $40/bag which is about a cheap as whey protein gets.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Body Nutrition Trutein Red Velvet Cake and Banana Cream are my go to powders. I like also use the Banana Cream to make faux banana pudding with vanilla Greek yogurt, bananas, and vanilla wafers.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I like isopure unflavored whey isolate. I can mix it with anything, including baked goods. I primarily mix it with chocolate milk or coffee. Core Power protein shakes are delicious, but pricey, on the go.
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been using Dymatize ISO-100, it's low carb, low fat, and 25g protein per scoop.... and, as an isolate it generally mixes very well and rarely has any clumpage. I personally like their Vanilla, but the Gourmet Chocolate isn't bad (Just feels like cheating while on a dietary restricition) and their Dreamsicle Orange is very fresh tasting too