Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    jester13 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    When do we find out who's doing it right?

Why are you so concerned?!? You seem like you know more then anyone else. You seem that you are fishing for answers or maybe the wrong ones? Who knows who's doing it right. It's really a good thread just to start to see what everyone does and did they get good results from it. It's a place for help from all. Me personally I have a protein shake and a high glycemic carb after. It works for me and I have done well with it. Is that to say the next person will do as well? Who knows. The human body is an amazing instrument and it is made in a lot of different ways and we all react different to different post workout meals and supplements. What works with you? That's all that matters

Your thread title seemed like you were planning to offer some insight. If that wasn't your intention, then my apologies for asking for the follow up.
    No apologies needed. Just seems as though you are fishing for wrong answers to our people. I don't pretend to know it all nor do I. I offer insight on 13 years of working out and trying pretty much everything. Studies on certain ideas and theories are really only as good if they are tried by the individual. If you want my true opinion and insight I believe in the post workout window because it works for me. You want to post findings and why it isn't true then that's you. It works for me and I have found results. I'm not a doctor nor nutrionist. Just another person in the fitness world. So I have ties with a supplement company yes. But I'm not even here to sell them I am here to help. Supplements like I said before are no substitute for a good diet and workout routine. There are no magic pills or powders just help and a little push where you want to go.

The problem is that nutrient timing has a very, very minuscule impact on body comp. It really only comes in to play (as far as body comp) for the already very lean. For most people of the world, and even on MFP, it's majoring in the minors. Hence, the standard answer on meal timing is to do what ever keeps you satiated with enough energy to perform your workouts while keeping your calories in check.
    The thread was about where people stand on it and what works for them. Was never ment to force feed anything down anyone's throat. The only way to truly understand others is to ask.

Not debating ya and not getting on you at all. Just kinda letting you know why the push back. I'm indifferent and very much a "do what works for you" kinda guy :)

Ok I know the push back. And in learning how people work and how to help people I expect it. This app is great just from educational purpose. I expect the push back and that's what helps to know how and what people need.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My gym workout today was late morning so post workout I had my lunch.

The only time I bother about specific post exercise nutrition is after a really long cycle ride (5+ hours).
    Pre / post workout nutrition timing is of trivial importance for the vast majority of people IMHO unless you are doing something extreme, certainly not worth bothering about for a routine workout.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sundays, as I bench in the morning: breakfast - so eggs (usually in the form of a Western omelette, but not always), some toast, and either home fries or grits. Maybe bacon.

Other days, as I lift at night, after work: dinner - so meat and vegetables, maybe a starch and/or dessert.