Frustated with weight loss

Options
Hi, not new i joined last january but have not used since october. Restarted up in January 2009. What I'm frustated with is starting the weight loss i was able to lose 4 pounds the fist week , 2 pounds the second week, and now stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks. I've followed the calorie intake and even exercising burning 450- 500 kcal. What is going on? when will i see the scale start going down again?

Replies

• sac04809
    sac04809 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, not new i joined last january but have not used since october. Restarted up in January 2009. What I'm frustated with is starting the weight loss i was able to lose 4 pounds the fist week , 2 pounds the second week, and now stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks. I've followed the calorie intake and even exercising burning 450- 500 kcal. What is going on? when will i see the scale start going down again?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    well,,,good news and then more good news..
    1. you are not alone...your post is one of the more common situations,,,I was also in that mind frame...we are a now now give me it now society

2. what you are experiencing is good and normal for what you are doing....patience is a virtue with everything including life style change and getting the results from a positive lifestyle chnange..

focus on the good results...more will come

drink your water and get off the couch...all is well
    Dave:smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Beautiful children!!

Yes this is really common. Patience is SO important during this process! :flowerforyou: I sometimes go for several weeks with no losses, you really just have to hang in there and keep with it. :drinker:
  • rond68
    rond68 Posts: 2
    Options
    I lost 8lbs the first week and gained 1 lb the second week I don't now why.
    rond68
  • ONAMISSION
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 3 WEEKS AND HAVE NOT REALLY LOST ANYTHING AT ALL!!!! IT DOES SUCK. BUT I WILL KEEP TRYING!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    try not to look at the scale for a while, just get used to the fitness/eating routine. when you Feel like you have lost weight, weigh yourself. It should be only about a pound a week, so more is a bonus but less is not bad!!
    NEVER put yourself down..
    take care,
    someone here is always here for you!
  • mwadams
    Options
    Hi, I'm not an expert by any means, but I have a friend who teaches aerobics and nutritional classes, and she says that when you hit a plateau like it sounds as if you have, to change your exercise routine. If you normally jog, try an aerobics class; if you normally do a step class, try a different cardio class, etc. with the theory being that this change will challenge your body.

She also specifically recommended adding a work out to your normal exercise routine. I know that sounds difficult (where am I going to find the time for another workout?), but she swears that it will help push you past this hurdle. (Note: I have not yet tried this, as I am new to the site and just started the program. However, I wanted to pass along the advice because maybe it will help you.) Hang in there--you can do it!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    After you lose weight you need to make sure to go in and change your weight in your goals. As your weight goes down your caloric needs are going to go down. Then you need to make sure you are being honest with yourself. If you have a bite of a cookie you need to record it, those little "cheats" add up. Some thing else you can do is up the intensity of your work outs. Pedal a little faster just a little higher, whatever it is your doing just put a little more into it.

Good luck.