20g Protein????

Options
I just started keto diet last Saturday. Yesterday, I weighed and Gained 3 pounds!!!

I am at a loss as to how to keep my protein down to 20 g.

Can someone please give me some ideas as to what to eat so I won't go over the 20 g of protein?

I eat: Bkfst: 2 eggs with mushrooms, red peppers and cheese cooked in butter with salsa.

Lunch: maybe a salad if I'm hungry.

Snack: 4 cauliflower crackers with 1 oz cheese

Dinner: 4-5 oz some kind of meat or salmon, fried cabbage/bok choy or a spinach salad with avocado and Tahini.

80 oz water.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong???

Replies

• atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    That's not a keto diet. Go READ and learn what the heck you're doing. You're likely up in weight due to high sodium and retaining water. Also go see your doctor and run this wack diet by him/her. You are probably doing more harm than good
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,145 Member
    Options
    I just started keto diet last Saturday. Yesterday, I weighed and Gained 3 pounds!!!

I am at a loss as to how to keep my protein down to 20 g.

Can someone please give me some ideas as to what to eat so I won't go over the 20 g of protein?

I eat: Bkfst: 2 eggs with mushrooms, red peppers and cheese cooked in butter with salsa.

Lunch: maybe a salad if I'm hungry.

Snack: 4 cauliflower crackers with 1 oz cheese

Dinner: 4-5 oz some kind of meat or salmon, fried cabbage/bok choy or a spinach salad with avocado and Tahini.

80 oz water.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong???

Your interpretation of a Keto diet is wrong. Please do some research and reading.
  • kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    even though you said protein I think you really meant carbs - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group is a low carb group you can join. full of helpful people
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.