I'm not sure why I'm here. Failure seems to be my only option

I was here before. Deactivated my account. Didn't even try to lose weight. I'm here again, praying for a change. Asking God to change all that is wrong in me so I can get outta bed and find motivation. Begging Him to put in me just a little bit of strength to change my life because I don't know where to begin. My insecurities are overwhelming.

Replies

• irenakus
    irenakus Posts: 1 Member
    MsCamysia you have been beautifully created by an awesome God. John 3:16 tells you just how much he is in love with his best creation like you. He's not mad at you, he loves you. He sent Jesus for us all. He wants to bless you, you are NOT a failure, you're just failing to see his blessings, totally different. Try a bit of Andrew Wommack teachings too, see some of the incredible healing stories from depression and sleeping tablet junkies to completely restored lives. Hear about how God really sees YOU in from clues in his word. You are more precious than you think you are. He will never leave you nor forsake you. That means 'never'. Look to the one who knows, Jesus shows the way. You are wonderfully made. Believe it. You can do it MsCamysia!
  • esn222
    esn222 Posts: 24 Member
    We all have our moments, but we are all here to support each other. I struggle wth depression among other things, feel free to reach out if you need a friend ;)
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    If you have the Bible app, you can search for a reading plan called "12 Days of Healthy Christmas" that might motivate you! You can set a reminder to read it each day. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    You can't measure progress without a baseline. Maybe spend a few weeks logging what you eat to get in that habit. Then worry about setting goals.
  • dmmfox
    dmmfox Posts: 45 Member
    God loves you, you have the strength you just need to use it. One step at a time and you'll get there
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Go to a mental health professional.
  • nubianQueen02
    nubianQueen02 Posts: 16 Member
    Stay strong and prayed up. You have been given the gift of free will and therefore you are able to take charge of your situation. Give yourself the permission to change and take control of your life. Allah(GOD)h always knows best and would never put more on you than you can handle. If you're here then your free will has already been tapped into.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    You can always choose success. Find your strength. It has to come from within you. I've been through a lot of hard things. I decided to be strong and keep going. I have a spine of steel. You can choose to make things better, a lot of choices are under your control.

That said, since you are struggling so much on the inside, a mental health professional could help you a lot. Therapy helped me a lot. Good luck.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    MsCamysia wrote: »
    I was here before. Deactivated my account. Didn't even try to lose weight. I'm here again, praying for a change. Asking God to change all that is wrong in me so I can get outta bed and find motivation. Begging Him to put in me just a little bit of strength to change my life because I don't know where to begin. My insecurities are overwhelming.

You don't need motivation. You already have it, it's what got you here. You don't need strength. Your strength helped you post in spite of your insecurities.

One thing I've learned over the years is this. If I'm drowning, I had best be paddling for shore while I'm praying. His help comes when I'm out of strength.

Bless you, pick up the app, plug in the numbers, stop thinking and start DOing. You got this.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    MsCamysia wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with YOU- start slow - start by logging your calories to see where you are - then make that change - start eating clean - eliminate the processed foods , the sugars etc- incorporate some exercise - even if it's only 20 min a day - start there and then build it up - you got this