SCARED of loose skin

Options
2»

Replies

• Denise_Valentine
    Denise_Valentine Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    at your age I doubt you will have that much loose skin around your arms and thighs. Use a good moisturizer everyday to keep skin supple and it will most likely stay firm as you get fitter.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Maybe look into possible surgical options for loose skin on arms and thighs if it does end up being a problem? It might tighten up over time anyways but if not I'm sure they have a version of the tummy tuck for the arms & legs too?

They do, but it's expensive too, and you have scars, so who knows what's worse.

I was 34 when I lost the weight and I had pretty big arms, but the loose skin really isn't that noticeable there (I have no problem wearing sleeveless tops), so it's not necessarily going to be as bad as you think, OP.
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lost 4 stone, so yes, some loose skin -I'm 51 - but its not obvious, especially when fully clothed, and its still way better than the weight.
    It's a bit like after having a baby, really.
    You can't erase it, but it's not like evidence you committed a crime, is it? We were just fat, not evil.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    60 pounds lost so far - I had some loose skin but it's been tightening up by itself the last few months. I'm 25 so I don't know if that makes a difference.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    TMK0214 wrote: »
    I am going to put this bluntly, are you really prepared to say vanity (how you look) is more important than health? Realize as time goes by we will all get wrinkled. It is part of ageing. For that matter, if how you look is so important to you, 100 pounds of extra fat doesn't look good at all.

I'm definitely not saying that looks are more important than health.. which is why I'm trying to lose 100 pounds. But why not be healthy and look great?! I want to lose weight and FEEL great, I feel good right now and I'm happy with my body, but I know it's not healthy, but I also know that when I lose this weight, I'm not gonna feel good about loose skin, I'm not insecure now.. but will be if I have lots of loose skin. I know a few people who have loose skin and they're really insecure about it, more insecure than they were when they were "fat" I just don't want that to be me
    There is absolutely no reason that you have to feel insecure if you have a little bit of loose skin. Just because you know people who feel this way, that doesn't mean that you also have to feel that way. If you feel secure now, why not just keep loving your body through all the changes to come and show others you know how you can continue to feel secure regardless of what happens. Certainly don't spend the next 100 pounds worrying about it, because if you do, you'll almost certainly derail. Enjoy the process and look forward to the results!

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    You can't erase it, but it's not like evidence you committed a crime, is it?

Well, a crime against our body, yes. :(

• Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    my arms are really hysterical actually....... I laugh when I get that cute little slap sound when I am nakey. Its cute. NOT. lol BUT i can say absolutely: I will take my sound effect over the weight any day. Any day! And ...you are young I bet it will not be bad over time! All the best! :p
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    There's quite a few youtube videos posted by people who've lost a LOT of weight and have loose skin.

There's ONE thing in common. EVERY SINGLE PERSON in those videos states they'd NEVER trade their loose skin for being fat again. The incredible benefits they've received in physical and emotional health FAR outweigh any insecurities or disappointment they've developed regarding their loose skin.
  • lilac_bunny
    lilac_bunny Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I lost 70lb when I was 24 and didn't get any loose skin. Now I'm 32 after 30lb I can already see its going to be a problem. But I known only have myself and my chocolate eating to blame. I would still rather be able to physically do what I want and improve my medical problems than be fat. It is in the back of my mind though it may make it more difficult (or just embarrassing) to date. I am single so no existing person who is going to love me no matter what. I am hoping I can do that for myself .