Intro mom/ career person fill free to + me

Options
Hello everyone. I am a mom and also a full-time self-employed person. I'm really looking forward to having some friends to hold me accountable. I'm trying to find ways to get myself motivated to go ahead and get fit again. My overall goal is to be the weight that I was the day that I found out I was pregnant with my son over three years ago.

I am going on a little mini vacation to Colorado in the middle of February. I wanted to see some results by then because I would really like to be able to go swimming or go soak in the hot tub without feeling self-conscious. Or as self-conscious LOL.

So feel free to add me as a friend or give some advice on some steps I can take to achieve my goal.

Portion control has been my first step and it has gotten a lot better. Something that I need to work on is becoming more active maybe finding something that is fun that will give me more exercise.

My overall weight loss goal is 25 pounds. I have lost almost 2 pounds so far since I have started but I would like to continue. I have always had a hard time sticking with my plans but this time I'm wanting to stick it out.

Replies

• GinaK516
    GinaK516 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it, mama!! Stay focused on your goal! I myself want to lose 25 pounds, (I've gained 25 pounds since getting married 3 years ago and having my now 8 month old son), and have started portion controlling as well. Good luck!! :)
  • BayAskew
    BayAskew Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck as well! I recently got a new fit bit tracker so I'm going to try to get my steps in every day hopefully that will push out long my weight loss. Do you go for walks or count your steps?
  • GinaK516
    GinaK516 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :) I was a lot more active in the summertime but being in Chicago, I'm kind of hunkered down with baby right now. (I'm a stay at home mommy). The hubby and I are hoping to get some gym equipment for our basement once we get our income tax return this Spring! *crossing fingers I stay motivated to actually use it!* lol
  • Colorado1runner
    Colorado1runner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's a long road to achieve goals but then to maintain. I lost 60 in a year and now at a year and half have maintained. Controling consumption and cardiovascular have been the keys, and I have not wasted any of my money on store bought products other than a daily vitamin..