Looking for LCHF friends! (Low Carb, High Fat)

Options
Hi everyone! I've done the traditional "eat less, move more, low fat, count calories" weight loss plans for 30 years and it has done nothing but fail me and make me fatter each and every time. I've recently discovered the LCHF (low carb, high fat) truly healthy way of eating (Thank you Dr. Jason Fung!) and I'm seeing amazing results, not just with weight loss but overall health. I eat only real food, nothing processed or refined, zero sugars and starches, no breads, pasta, etc. but plenty of healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, butter, cheese, and animal fats (no vegetable or seed oils, margarines or trans fats), moderate protein from meat and eggs, and low carbs which come only from vegetables. I would love to connect with others who have discovered LCHF and who are using it to regain their health, lose weight, cure their diabetes, etc. Thanks! :)

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Join us at the Low carber daily group. It's where most low carbers hang out, and includes more than a few with insulin resistance... and quite a few Fung fans. ;)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • TrueBeautyDanielle
    Options
    I am so in! I need friends who show their diary. It helps me experiment more by trying what your eating....and you can do the same for me. ANYONE CAN ADD ME
  • ElectraNine
    ElectraNine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been doing LCHF eating for about two years now and have experienced amazing results, the least of which was that I've lost 120 lbs. You're welcome to add me - I used to be on MyFitnessPal and recently decided to come back to it so I'm sort of starting over and would love friends :-)
  • caNwa
    caNwa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I decided to try the LCHF program and just starting today. I've never tried it before because it sounded so WRONG with the high fats. A doctor co-worker told me that is how she lost a bunch of weight and she looks like a different person! I am at the end of my rope, extremely obese and type 2 diabetic. I don't want to die.. I want to see my grandchildren some day as well as be around a tad longer for my son. I am 56 years old. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. :( I am just learning about the program.. but I have started. :D Feel free to add me. I am hoping to learn a lot here.
  • caNwa
    caNwa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's amazing ElectraNine!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Join us at the Low carber daily group. It's where most low carbers hang out, and includes more than a few with insulin resistance... and quite a few Fung fans. ;)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

this^^^^