XMas food: Turkey, Chicken or Lamb ??

Replies

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    I would prefer tamales, but since I'm a sad white girl, we're having ham.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I do them all. Last year I did prime rib though.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I would prefer tamales, but since I'm a sad white girl, we're having ham.

This gringo does tamales and posole on Christmas Eve
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    All the above minus tofu turkey. I think it's prime rib this year. Love it all. Turkey was for Thanksgiving. I could have it again but prime rib rocks too.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Turkey or chicken. Love them both
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Hamborgahryggur.. It's an Icelandic type of ham.. Seriously good.. And there's gonna be turkey as well cause I'm on a special diet and won't do the Hamborgahrygg :D
  • Turkey ,turkey and more turkey for me. I love it
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 841 Member
    ham! and Smoked sausage. Husband doesn't eat turkey, so I'm not making one. I wanted to do something else, but it didn't go with the potato dumplings (which are an even bigger requirement) so I lost.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I'm making lasagna, so ground beef and ground pork. :)
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited December 2016
    Christmas Eve: vegetarian lasagna, pasta puttanesca, antipasto, salad, and Grilled New York steaks.

Christmas: big brunch in the morning; roasted turkey breast and many fabulous appetizers in the late afternoon/evening.

Desserts galore.

We always do turkey on Christmas and Italian Christmas Eve.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    I do ham ..

I make chicken for Easter and once TG is over turkey is dead to me unless I'm making a wrap with some low calz and I don't eat anything as cute as a lamb.. thats why I don't eat venison

So ham

And I'm doing an apple cider glaze.. never did a glaze for a ham. I'm not a fan of the brown sugar thing.

I get smoked ham so is that a bad idea? I was thinking salty and sweet

Dont know
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    I do ham ..

I make chicken for Easter and once TG is over turkey is dead to me unless I'm making a wrap with some low calz and I don't eat anything as cute as a lamb.. thats why I don't eat venison

So ham

And I'm doing an apple cider glaze.. never did a glaze for a ham. I'm not a fan of the brown sugar thing.

I get smoked ham so is that a bad idea? I was thinking salty and sweet

Dont know

Sounds delicious!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Ham
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Chicken for me!
    That and perhaps a little pulled pork to mix things up a bit! Being Christmas and all - gotta find what goes best with baileys!
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited December 2016
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    Chicken for me!
    That and perhaps a little pulled pork to mix things up a bit! Being Christmas and all - gotta find what goes best with baileys!

Guinness
    Never liked Guinness, I rarely drink and I'm not very experimental with it..

That said, my dad loves the stuff.. I've actually bought him a few novelty Guinness things as a stocking filler for Christmas! Lol
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Chicken for me!

Hot chocolate goes great with Bailey's
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm from Denmark (northern Europe).

We traditionally have either pork roast or duck, or both! We do both in our family, because they are both deliscious haha.
    This is served with potatoes and sauce, caramelised potatoes, warm red cabbage, and loooots of wine.
    We celebrate Christmas eve on the 24th, where we also dance around the Christmas tree and open presents.
    We have no celebration on the 25th, that os just a normal day to us in Scandinavia :)

I'm half Danish my mormor makes the best caramelized potatoes ohh *kitten* I can't wait
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Pork roast and ham this year. Lamb last 2 years.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Turkey.... Always turkey! And seafood (popular in Australia). We don't usually do ham, but we're having quite a few people so having ham as well.