Tryin to build and lose weight with pregnancy hormones

Options
Fckn sucks , I got pregnant and have ate everything .... and then I miscarried and still have the cramps from it as it started happening Sunday... why do I still want to eat everything. I have pcos so I know miscarry was a great possibility , however I'm upset , not to bad cause I set myself up for that I guess my question is when will I feel better and not want to eat the whole house.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Things take time, don't be so hard on yourself. Hugs
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Perhaps if you surround yourself with people that love you; during this very hard time, it may curtail that urge.
  • TrueBeautyDanielle
    Options
    @brittnihovious I know what you are going through. PCOS, Weight gain and miscarriage within the past 3 months. It sucks BIG TIME! It took me about 3 weeks to stop wanting to eat like I am pregnant. But. with the PCOS you are going to have cravings unless you find ways to control them. Metformin has helped me. Also, reading and connecting with other women who have lost weight with it.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

It took awhile with my first miscarriage for the hormones to settle down and everything to get back to closer to normal. If you miscarried naturally the process probably started before you even knew it was going to happen, but if you had to have a D&C, it might take your body a little longer because it was "interrupted" rather than crashing on its own.

The crash was pretty harsh. Be gentle with yourself for awhile.
  • fiberopticjellyfishmfp
    Options
    I had a miscarriage about 4 weeks ago. I know it sucks a lot and I'm truly sorry for your loss. Honestly, it took almost 3 weeks before I wasn't starving anymore and could eat at a deficit. If you're still hungry, eat. Your body is healing and needs it. Good luck and much love to you ❤️️
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi, very sorry for your loss. I realize this post is a little old, but hopefully you are still reading responses. I found out Dec. 23 I had a missed miscarriage. Really sucked because it was incredibly hard for me to get pregnant and I had such bad pregnancy symptoms I was taken by complete surprise. I still had severe nausea and fatigue a week later with no signs of my body going to miscarry on its own so I had to take misoprostol a few days ago to get my body to miscarry, really a bad experience. I still now have some pregnancy symptoms but they are lessening. Apparently it can up to 2-3 weeks. I hope things get better for you. I'm hoping to start trying again at some point in the new year but I'm not sure when my body or I will be ready.
  • emmalees99
    emmalees99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So sorry! Hopefully things will get back to normal with your body soon!