My period continued

So last month I posted my story about me and my road to recovery. Thank you for all the support but now it is time to continue with that tale. So last month I actually had two periods: one that started on the 2nd and another on the 22nd. Considering I had not had one since January before then I was not surprised to have another one 20 days later. But it did make me feel miserable that my period was still not normal. But I guess these things take time.
It's now December and I got another period on the 17th, just in time to finish right before Christmas Day. With this festive time approaching I have managed to eat an advent calendar chocolate every day without feeling any guilt. I actually looked forward to eating it in the mornings. However some of my old habits have stuck, with tasty treats surrounding me every way, it is hard not to refuse. So yet again I have managed to sneak out of the room to nibble on sugary foods but then dispose of them by spitting them out again. I know I have to get over this. I have been looking at similar stories and motivating quotes to help me. I am determined to make my New Year resolution to be "eat clean and eat healthy" without sneaking around to snack off of bad food. But if I really crave something like chocolate, then I should have it once in a while, otherwise a frenzy may strike.
Thank you guys for listening. I wil keep you posted on any changes or updates xox

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Lots of good news in there.

Try this exercise with a chocolate.

http://hfhc.ext.wvu.edu/r/download/114469
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    If you crave a chocolate, even three...eat them. But don't spit them out, please! You realize that is a sign that something is seriously wrong? Please speak to your doctor...while there, mention the period issue. How old are you? Could it be you're entering perimenopause? I'm 47, and have had wild, fluctuating periods for the last two years. As in, I could have it three times in one month, or not at all, then for a full month non stop...The doctor says that's completely normal at this point in life. Could this be you, too?
  • Taraaccount
    Taraaccount Posts: 13 Member
    Thank you for the link jgnatca I will use this. Hopefully it helps xox
  • Taraaccount
    I don't think I'm exactly old enough to being experience menopause. I realise there is something wrong I'm just not so sure how to fix it on my own and it's embarrassing to talk to doctors about it. Hence why I feel better talking to those that understand on here. Xox
  • JustMissTracy
    I don't think I'm exactly old enough to being experience menopause. I realise there is something wrong I'm just not so sure how to fix it on my own and it's embarrassing to talk to doctors about it. Hence why I feel better talking to those that understand on here. Xox

Talk to the doctors, honey. Even if you're embarrassed, try to remember, they've seen/heard it all. I have had binge issues since I was little, I understand how food can get to our brains...but the best person to help you really is a professional. Chin up, fists up...go in there and put your cards on the table, you'll feel so much better once you have. Much love xo
  • Taraaccount
    Thank you. You're right, that's makes me feel so much better. How did you get over or try to solve your binge eating problems? Sending love back xox
  • JustMissTracy
    Thank you. You're right, that's makes me feel so much better. How did you get over or try to solve your binge eating problems? Sending love back xox

I didn't, completely...I still struggle almost every day to fight it. Some weeks are great, others, like this one, not so great. I spoke to a therapist for months when I was in my twenties, that helped me to put my head in order a bit. But I find the issue is something that might be life long, and a constant fight. Reading a lot of the posts here on MFP have been greatly helpful too, there are a lot of us out here xo
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    I don't know how old you are, but peri-menopause can happen as early as 35. And issues with our cycles can happen any time past puberty.

You do need to talk to a doctor and let him or her know this is happening. This isn't weird or abnormal for a doctor or gynecologist to hear.

You also need to be able to enjoy your Advent chocolate without having an unhealthy relationship with it. You can afford it on your diet on MFP. Chocolate sounds like it's been "fetishized" as something evil and if you eat it you fail. But it's not, of course. It's just food.
  • JustMissTracy
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    I don't know how old you are, but peri-menopause can happen as early as 35. And issues with our cycles can happen any time past puberty.

You do need to talk to a doctor and let him or her know this is happening. This isn't weird or abnormal for a doctor or gynecologist to hear.

You also need to be able to enjoy your Advent chocolate without having an unhealthy relationship with it. You can afford it on your diet on MFP. Chocolate sounds like it's been "fetishized" as something evil and if you eat it you fail. But it's not, of course. It's just food.

I was thinking this too; my hot flashes started at about 33 or so...early, but not unheard of as was the same for my mother and one of my sisters.
  • Taraaccount
    To JustMissTracy I sorry to hear about your struggle back I'm glad you did speak to a therapist, it seems like they've done a good job. I hope you win this fight and you're right there are many people alike on here. Xox
  • Taraaccount
    dear kenyonhaff, I'm not exactly in my thirties or any where near to be honest. I know that a doctor would be the best person to go to in this predicament but it's not on etching I'm open about with even my family or even my friends. This habit started when I noticed that other girls in school went on diets yet they didn't really need to. With my friends already being a much smaller build than me, I already felt embarrassed about my shape.

I think I'm doing better with the chocolate to be frank. I have not noted it on my food diary and do not feel bad about it either. I think if this carries on, a piece of chocolate in the morning may be a working solution xox
  • Taraaccount
    Yes Tracy did post some useful advice above. I think most influential girls get problems with food at some point but it's the getting over them that's important. Thanks you for your concern Mij140. Wishing you a Happy holiday xox
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!