What's the Weirdest/Worst Christmas Gift You've Ever Received?

Options
jennifer_417
jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
I'll go first:

One year, my stepdad put a small can of feminine deodorant in my stocking (I assume he thought it was just a regular trial-sized deodorant), "in case I was ever out and needed to freshen up!"

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    A white vinyl purse with a BBQ lighter tucked in the pocket my brother and sister in law got at a cirque du Soleil performance. It was hideous and I was pregnant and cried and then saw the BBQ lighter and was like wtf. I gave her a nice coach wristlet. of course I guess it wasn't any worse than the bronze horse statue she gave hubs the next year. luckily she's an ex now
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    My (now ex) husband got me a "Twilight" novel. I was pursuing a graduate degree in English literature at the time. It was really sad. He didn't know me at all at that point.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law gave me the the autobiography from Carly Simon.

.... I'm still waiting for the punchline.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    My ex hubs was really horrible at gift giving. Like would call me from the mall on my birthday and ask what I wanted because he'd been shopping all day and couldn't figure out what to buy.

Legit....one year I think on valentine's day he gave me a candy bar, some funny card, and a shower head. And not the good massaging kind. It was so random and weird.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    A rock in a box from my brother.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    a scarf ring holder thing from my ex husband. A 65 year old woman would have loved it I bet. I didn't
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My grandmother gave me an urn she found at a yard sale because "it'll make a pretty vase!"

It seriously looked like it was supposed to be holding someone's ashes.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    My (now ex) husband got me a "Twilight" novel. I was pursuing a graduate degree in English literature at the time. It was really sad. He didn't know me at all at that point.

Lol
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    D got me a bunch of *kitten* that I thought had no thought put into it... I mean what he got me qas sweet I guess but he took most of it back and kept the money so I guess we spurned each other pretty fine
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    a Alpo Frisbee and I didn't even own a dog at the time.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Bump now that it's morning.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    An electric toothbrush and toothpaste.. I opened it up and looked at everyone and blurted out, "is someone trying to tell me something"? They said that was for someone else, they ended up giving me kitchen pot holders and dish cloths (did not match my kitchen).. Maybe I should have kept the toothbrush..

eta this was from my brother and sister in-laws.
  • mdonsbach
    mdonsbach Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    An Indiana Hoosier shirt from my brother-in-law. Problem here is I'm an Illinois Fighting Illini fan.
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A (now ex) gave me a wall clock in the shape of a wrist watch. With a picture of a car as the clock face (no, I am not a car person and have never shown any interest in cars except to put petrol into my own car and occasionally wash her). He left the price tag on, it cost €6. I bought him over €500 worth of LOTR memorabilia that he practically begged for. And he then sold it all. 3 months later. For €100.
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Tea_A_Holic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    a box of tea bags from an ex bf
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Land of the lost. The one with Will Ferrell. Yeah...