Truly need help getting back on track

Options
I'm no longer motivated to cook or prepare lunch. Im so busy in the morning. Struggling getting back. It has been 3mos

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it will help, but maybe just log everything you are eating for a week or so, then make small adjustments and ease back into being motivated. Don't beat yourself up, be kind to yourself. :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    OK, I understand this - sometimes I have the same phase. What helps me is to get those organic bio meals for work lunches, you know, like a packet of quinoa or bulgur wheat, and then mix in some veggies, protein (fish or chicken) - no cooking required! Just find a way around it until you can work up the motivation - it is so much better if you cook yourself!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Can you do prep work on your meals the night before? You've got to want this badly enough, the little bit of effort it takes will be worth it.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we need to see the difference between what we want to do and what we need to do.... I'm not motivated to make dinner some days and my lunch most days, but I do, because I have to....
    If it's a huge issue of time and not just a 'I don't want to', then do meal prep for the week, plan it all out and make it in a day or two so that you can just eat and go.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice...
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Food prep on the weekend, then no excuse for not having time in the morning. Just grab and go!

Do it one Sunday, get back on track for one week and then you'll be back in the groove!
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Some things can be quick (yogurt, cheese, cereal, protein bars, sandwich, eggs, nuts, salad, fruits) and how about cooking on weekends and freezing in portions so you can just grab and go?
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Oh, I also thought of a slow cooker. Throw everything in, let it do its thing and freeze in portions :smile:
  • aes1959
    aes1959 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Quick Food options>

Jimmy Dean Egg Delights (turkey sausage egg whites and cheese on an english muffin) 45 seconds on each side in microwave, turn toaster oven on when it is in microwave and pop into toaster oven as I get ready in the a.m. Eat often in car with a large coffee (gotta do what you gotta do) and holds me until lunch time. 250 calories. Costco has great price.

I find the fat, protein and crunch helps me not want to eat everything in sight. Drinking a lot of warm liquids and decaffeinated Arizona Tea with water mixed in a lot during the day.

When I am strapped for time, I eat Siggis 2% yogurt (110 Cal) and a Healthy Grains Kind Bar for lunch (150 Cal. (total lunch 260 calories). Gets me until about 3:30 when I eat a snack (about 200 calories). Have been doing a rotation on dinners (6 different meals - lots of veggies plus a protein). Using the Costco Turkey Burgers which are really good (200 calories) plus fixins. Take em out in the a.m., put in fridge and they are defrosted when you get home.

Their organic Chicken broth is also very good, as are their chicken and cilantro dumplings (lotta food for the calories) I make a big soup/stew for 2 with a can of straw mushrooms, a can of Baby corn, a can of Bamboo shoots 2 TBPS soy and usually I do saute a large onion first. 12 dumplings per person. HUGE meal. Fast.

Snack every p.m. after dinner. (sorry, but gotta do what you gotta do).

Still hungry at times during the day but have been steadily losing now since early September on 1200 calories.
  • Isorkin
    Isorkin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Like anything in life, motivation is a key ingredient to being successful. Realistically though we are all going to have moments where we don't feel the desire. That is just being human. Inevitably though you will have moments when you feel resilient, such as the day you came to this site to attempt to make a change. Its during those moments you need to capitalize on that feeling and make changes for yourself. On the days you feel that motivation take the advice of the smart people above in this chat and prepare a weeks worth of food for yourself. Have the chicken marinated then for one day that week when you can prepare it quickly. Not every meal needs to involve a mass production in the kitchen. Certainly most of mine are done in minutes, not an hour. But during a moment when you have desire, make it last and prepare for a week. If you do so then the act of staying motivated will seem less tedious because you are organized and prepared ahead of time. No one here can really keep you motivated other then yourself, you just need to stretch those moments when you have them. good luck.
  • cheiladozier
    cheiladozier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of loosing motivation. I cook on sundays...or any day I have spare time.. and portion everything out for a few days. So when I leave, I grab a container of protein, a container of starchy carb and a veggie and through it in my cooler. That is the only way I can do it.....so far
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem trying to get back into it after taking a break. This past week I made a double batch of chilli, portioned some out and left it in the fridge and froze the rest. This way I always have something healthy for dinner/lunches if I don't have time/forget to make something. I find it has really helped me stay on track, especially this week when I seem to be so busy prepping for Christmas! The last thing I want to do is prepare more food at the end of a long day lol.
  • cheiladozier
    cheiladozier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • shmemma94
    shmemma94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Amy's Organic frozen meals or a pre-made salad from the produce section (they even come with forks!) for busy days when I can't get away from my desk
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Would it help to make extra for dinner and pack up the leftovers in single serving containers the night before? I make and freeze spaghetti sauce, chili, and soups when I'm at home but doing other things. They just simmer all day, and then after they cool I portion them into freezer bags. I also like to cook beans in my crockpot on the weekends and then make things using them all week long. And I keep shelf stable things like protein shakes and bars, prepackaged Indian food, dried fruit, etc. in my desk, so if I didn't bring lunch I'll at least have something reasonably healthy to eat.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Single serving containers and snack size baggies are your best friend. Fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, lean cuisine or smart ones are ok in a pinch. Frozen meals from the store are not ideal because of sodium and artificial junk, but good when you don't have time.
    Really I just make time. It's just all about how bad do you want to reach your goals. Start where you can. Meet your calories first. Get in 3-5 servings of veggies daily( you can buy them precut), drink your water. Then begin watching protein and cutting salt when you get a handle on that. Step by step you will find it easier to do. It has become such a habit to plan I just have to do it.
    I have goals that require me to do certain things to meet them.
  • Beth150Ann
    Beth150Ann Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I, too, lost my motivation for the past month and gained @6 lbs. I was so tired of 'trying' and not making progress but I took this time to think. Really think. 2017 is just around the corner and my whole life I've been overweight and I wanted to start fresh. Part of losing my motivation (not sure if this applies to you) but I was tired, really tired which caused me to make bad choices. I've shook up my schedule to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night and everything else is starting to fall into place. I working on two goals this year losing 43 lbs and paying off my visa card. Two items that build the foundation for me to have more 'options' in 2018 and the rest of my life. I have to remind myself EVERYDAY that small choices make a difference and keep trying -- just for today. Good luck! :smile:
  • BeHappy2
    BeHappy2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dust yourself off and try again !