Wireless headphones

Options
Hello all!
Not sure if this is the place for this question but I figured I'd give it a go--does anyone have suggestions for good wireless headphones that won't break the bank? I use corded ones currently, but it makes it a little more difficult when working out (I have ripped them out more than once on the treadmill and sent my phone flying with them).
Any input would be greatly appreciated--thank you!

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Hussar, you can get them on Amazon for under $40 if you are a prime member.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    power beats
  • realt92
    realt92 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you decide you like wireless headphones and want to go with a higher end pair later on I highly suggest Bose SoundSport Wireless. They have great sound quality and they're water and sweat resistant, which is a big plus if you sweat a lot or workout outdoors and happen to get caught in the rain. I've found that they stay in place fairly well during running.
  • dancin_homie
    dancin_homie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the input and suggestions :)
  • Brad_61179
    Brad_61179 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bose soundsport all the way
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Just to be contrary, because I am, I don't see the allure to wireless earphone/buds. I have an arm band where I keep my I-Phone (my music devise), plug in my ear buds, wrap the wire over the top of the arm band holder, which is near my shoulder, and plug the buds into my ears, which are also near my shoulder. If the buds come out, they are attached to the phone, they don't get lost. The wire has never gotten in the way during runs, elliptical use, assisted pull ups, weight training, ab work or at any time during any activity. And they don't have to be recharged on a regular basis. The buds that came with my phone word more than well enough.

My$0.02
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have my own little business cleaning houses. I have lost count of the number of times I have caught the wire of the vacuum with my arm or on cupboard door handles and yanked the buds out of my ears. It's infuriating! I also hit the wire with my hands when I run on the treadmill.

I checked the Which reports (in the UK) and the only one in the top 5 in my budget was Jabra Move's. I'm really pleased with them. They are great for music but they do have a bit of lag if you are watching moving pictures. I haven't tried them with the TV, only my phone and you tube. The Bluetooth signal is good and covers a decent distance and goes through some walls/doors but not all. They last at least 5 hours and probably more but I plug them in to charge over night which is no trouble as I do the same with my phone.

I think I paid about £60 for them. Well worth it in my opinion just to save my poor ears from being pulled when I pulled the wire.

• dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just tried a pair of "Bone Conduction" earphones and I loved them. They don't go in your ear so I could still hear so it was weird, but they sounded great and weren't too expensive....under $100 I think. they are wireless Bluetooth. Has anyone else tried them?
  • Fionesse
    Fionesse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bose ... totally worth it ... better than Jaybirds, Beats and all the rest... the next closest is actually Taotronics.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I got a $30 set from StarryBay and they work very well. The charge lasts a very long time and the sound quality is great. I don't think you have to spend a ton to get a nice set that meets your needs.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Fionesse wrote: »
    Bose ... totally worth it ... better than Jaybirds, Beats and all the rest... the next closest is actually Taotronics.

I just ordered a set of the Taotronics. I've been using Plantronics Backbeat Go earbuds for quite a while now and am happy enough with them except for the fact that the little rubber "wings" that are supposed to hold them in your ears don't do their job when things start getting sweaty. I ordered the Taotronics with the over-the-ear hooks, they get pretty positive reviews overall and for $30 they're not too big of a gamble. Definitely a lot cheaper than paying $200 for a pair of PowerBeats.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Just to be contrary, because I am, I don't see the allure to wireless earphone/buds. I have an arm band where I keep my I-Phone (my music devise), plug in my ear buds, wrap the wire over the top of the arm band holder, which is near my shoulder, and plug the buds into my ears, which are also near my shoulder. If the buds come out, they are attached to the phone, they don't get lost. The wire has never gotten in the way during runs, elliptical use, assisted pull ups, weight training, ab work or at any time during any activity. And they don't have to be recharged on a regular basis. The buds that came with my phone word more than well enough.

My$0.02

Because people are different and have different needs? :noway:
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have Jaybirds I found on Groupon.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

My$0.02

The buds that came with my phone don't stay in my ears when running, and I have an iPhone 7Plus and hanging that off my arm is bordering on the ridiculous. Any minor snag on the wire and the resulting pull on my ear makes me feel rage beyond reason. Just in case you can't possibly imagine why what is ok for you is not ok for everyone.
  • dancin_homie
    dancin_homie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's input! I did impulse-ish buy a pair of skullcandy motion wireless headphones that were on sale--first workout went great! I think I will save some for a top-notch pair eventually, but I'm hopeful thus far for this pair :)
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

My$0.02

If you do various types of flexibility/mobility work you will soon find why wireless are the way to go.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I've used several (Phillips, Sony, other brands). My favorite are Totu. They have over-the-ear hooks, which I need. They stay in well. Connection is consistent. I prefer ear buds to head phones. I do wear the head phones when lifting, but prefer the ear buds the rest of the time.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I got a pair today, the over the ear type, name is Canbor; quite inexpensive, husband said, but sound quality seems ok, & mostly good reviews on Amazon, first trial @ gym tomorrow morning. I get really annoyed by cord on my current earphones, so am looking forward to trying these.
  • MidwestAndHappy
    MidwestAndHappy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I bought some cheapo Skull Candy ones from a discount store like TJ Maxx. The band is slightly small, but they work for what I need. They were ~$20. I don't expect them to last too long, but I only use them at the gym and while I'm putting in time on the microscope at work. I'll probably shell out a little more money for my next pair.