Baby weight

Options
I am back after having my first child. I actually lost weight while I was pregnant because I was trying extra hard to eat clean and be in shape for my baby and to make my delivery easier. However, after my son was born I found myself SO tired and constantly reaching for sugary snacks to help me stay awake. My son is 4 months old and I have gained 20 pounds since he was born! I am hoping to lose it so I can look and feel better! Friends and support are appreciated!

Replies

• Cyndesire
    Cyndesire Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My little girl will be 4 months on Saturday. I am getting back on track. I need active supportive friends.
  • amanda_deanne
    amanda_deanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had back to back pregnancies and babies born 15 months apart. I gained 60lbs with my second! He's 14 months old and I'm back on track to losing it now that I'm done breastfeeding. I've got 22lbs to go until I'm back to prepregnancy. Welcome, MFP is a great tool to help!
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My little one is seven months and I've just gotten back to pre-pregnancy weight, although I hadn't lost it all from the kids before him. :( We'll get there together. I'm also still breastfeeding, so I'm not cutting way back on the calories, but trying to just eat when I'm hungry and not because I didn't get enough sleep or I'm emotional.
  • mahia_20
    mahia_20 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started weight training 5 weeks after my second child was born, although I was very tired with a toddler and a newborn I still went to the gym 4-5 days a week. I found that once I got into it I felt more tired if I didn't workout, and the morning workouts gave me energy to get through the rest of my day. As for diet, don't buy sugary/fatty foods at all then you won't be tempted to eat them. Cook large meals so you have leftovers and you can reheat quickly. I also bought protein bars for those days I didn't have time to eat after a workout, just avoid the ones that are loaded with sugar! Don't expect quick results, losing weight over time is healthier. My son is 2 years old now and I'm still working on myself.
    Good luck
  • ggoss10
    ggoss10 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old, a 3.5 year old and 14 month old. I am still nursing, work a full-time desk job, and the baby has yet to sleep through the night. I'm basically getting about 4 solid hours of sleep a night. I have a gym membership, but have a hard time getting my butt out of bed in the am, and find myself falling asleep nursing the baby in the evenings.
    Trying to get the baby to sleep is def. a priority. But I am DETERMINED to make 2017 the year I get my weight undercontrol. I hate my post baby baby baby body, and want to be here as long as I can for my kiddos. I would love any and all advice and support. Thanks all!
  • mahia_20
    Options
    ggoss10 wrote: »
    I have a 5 year old, a 3.5 year old and 14 month old. I am still nursing, work a full-time desk job, and the baby has yet to sleep through the night. I'm basically getting about 4 solid hours of sleep a night. I have a gym membership, but have a hard time getting my butt out of bed in the am, and find myself falling asleep nursing the baby in the evenings.
    Trying to get the baby to sleep is def. a priority. But I am DETERMINED to make 2017 the year I get my weight undercontrol. I hate my post baby baby baby body, and want to be here as long as I can for my kiddos. I would love any and all advice and support. Thanks all!

• mahia_20
    Options
    I hear ya, my 2 year old still doesn't sleep through the night...makes for a long day