Scale stuck at same weight.

Options
I was just wondering when the scale is stuck at the same number for a week and you work out and eat in your calorie deficit what is happening in your body?

Replies

• lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Weigh urself again once next week. If it's the same or higher then cut down on ur calories
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Try not to weigh too often cus weight fluctuates but if by the end of the second week u have stayed the same or gain weight then cut down on ur calories
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    There are probably additional reasons, but off the top of my head: water retention (because of increased sodium intake, a side effect of medication, or some other factor), hormonal changes, or constipation.

Perhaps you should look into using a weight trending app like Happy Scale, Libra or trendweight.com so that you can focus on your long term weight trends rather than your daily or weekly numbers.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

I know some people don't like being given links, but please read. It answers better than any of us could.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself just once a week? If so, you may have just picked a "high" day. Yesterday or tomorrow you could be a few lbs lighter. I weighed myself every day for the first 2 years which meant i never missed those low days. I've only recently switched to weighing every 3 days.
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Your monthly cycle can affect your progress as well. Some ladies experience predictable plateaus every month, or a big whoosh at the end of their period, so not to panic! You may want to record your daily weigh-ins on a period tracker app which can graph your weight over your cycle so you can see if there is some correlation between the two. Bottom line: the scale only tells part of the story. Be patient, stick with it, you've got this!
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    try calorie cycling (eat high one day, eat low the next) its a good way to shock your body and keep consistent weight loss
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering when the scale is stuck at the same number for a week and you work out and eat in your calorie deficit what is happening in your body?

Tons of stuff. Your body is building tissue, breaking it down, maybe retaining water in recently used muscles, maybe retaining water in your digestive tract, remodeling your bones, shifting all kinds of things due to hormones.

Don't stress about the scale not moving for one single week. After 3, maybe look at what you're doing and make some changes.

Or your scale is inaccurate :)
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    Try not to weigh too often cus weight fluctuates but if by the end of the second week u have stayed the same or gain weight then cut down on ur calories

I have. Im at 1240 cals and i always have hundreds left after working out.
  • shmemma94
    shmemma94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Could you be gaining muscle? Perhaps you are getting stronger during workouts?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    shmemma94 wrote: »
    Could you be gaining muscle? Perhaps you are getting stronger during workouts?

Rest 100% assured that she isn't building any appreciable amount of muscle with a net calorie intake in the 800-900 range.