Calories burned at work

Options
I am a waitress, and I walk around for about 4 hours a day. Although it's a lot of stop and go walking, how many calories would you say I burn by that?

Replies

• trishkizer
    Options
    I am a waitress, and I walk around for about 4 hours a day. Although it's a lot of stop and go walking, how many calories would you say I burn by that?
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    if you go go caloriesperhour.com
    they have a selection for walking inside at work
    for my weight at 133 for 4 hours is 497 calories

go to calories burend caculate
    and activity calculate

its the closest i can find
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I teach (kindergarten)so it's a lot of the same kind of activity. I just put it in my settings to make activity level higher. Then I don't count any of the extra stuff.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    I have been told that your body gets used to what you do at work and that the only calories burned you should count is exercise that you go above outside of work.

Now that is not to say it is true but just a thought
  • beanyspoon
    Options
    I have been told that your body gets used to what you do at work and that the only calories burned you should count is exercise that you go above outside of work.

Now that is not to say it is true but just a thought

I used to work in a DIY store lifting large pots of paint and walking around a lot.

The weight dropped off me to start with, but then sort of levelled out. I didn't gain, just sort of stayed the same but I was a good weight then!
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    If you entered that you had an active lifestyle in the original settings then MFP has already calculated your calories for being a waitress. Check and see, I wouldn't want you to be counting those exercise calories twice!
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    Does anyone know a good website that shows calories burned for housework?:smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    calorie lab.com.
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    calorie lab.com.

Awesome site ! thanks! Now I can get a little credit for some of that stuff too!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you entered that you had an active lifestyle in the original settings then MFP has already calculated your calories for being a waitress. Check and see, I wouldn't want you to be counting those exercise calories twice!

That's what I was thinking. It's included in caclulating your BMR. I sit at a desk all day so I put my activity as low even though I work out 6 days a week.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options

That's what I was thinking. It's included in caclulating your BMR. I sit at a desk all day so I put my activity as low even though I work out 6 days a week.

Yeah, workouts count above and beyond your normal daily activities!! :drinker: