What's the Weirdest/Worst Christmas Gift You've Ever Received?

Options
124»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    My ex hubs was really horrible at gift giving. Like would call me from the mall on my birthday and ask what I wanted because he'd been shopping all day and couldn't figure out what to buy.

Legit....one year I think on valentine's day he gave me a candy bar, some funny card, and a shower head. And not the good massaging kind. It was so random and weird.

Lmao. I was just about to come in here and post that a few years back my husband gave me a shower head for Christmas and these super ugly puke green colored dishes. The shower head wasn't a special one.. it was just a normal old shower head. I wasn't ungrateful but inside I wanted to cry and scream. I made a joke about it and his response was "Well we needed a new shower head." I wanted to yell back "SO YOU EFFING GAVE ME ONE FOR CHRISTMAS WHEN WE WOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT ONE ANYWAY????"

* motor returns shower head to Home Depot; gift receipt no longer needed.

Don't return it! Depending on which one you picked, it could be a great gift!

thank you for the encouragement...

what's your mailing address?
  • misserin122
    misserin122 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My aunt once gave me a used paintbrush and a cheap watercolor paint set. I don't paint nor do I have an artistic bone in my body.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me wooden spoons for my birthday one year. That's all. And not like nice ones either, cheapies from the dollar store... Apparently I had mentioned that I wanted to see if that trick of putting a wooden spoon over a pot of water will keep it from boiling over was actually true. So, thanks, honey, for remembering one random comment I made weeks ago... All those hints while we were shopping of what I'd really like to have were too obvious I guess...

I'd also like to add that he woke me up from a nap to give them to me. He's lucky I didn't shove those spoons up his *kitten*.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    My former roommate's girlfriend was expecting an engagement ring at Christmas.

Instead, he gave her a microwave safe warming tray.

... she might have been a little disappointed.

This reminds me of a story that really only funny now that I'm no longer in touch with any of the people involved.

Once upon a time, my best friend and I were dating brothers. The brother I was dating had already asked me to marry him, and I had agreed, so I knew an official proposal was coming on Christmas. In the meantime, she had "accidentally found" a ring among his possessions, and assumed he planned to propose as well. Come Christmas morning, I open a ring and get my proposal, happy tears, all that. She opens a ring, and then another ring (yep, 2 rings), and he says....nothing. Turns out, he just bought them for her because he thought they were pretty. After a tearful tantrum on her part later, he lamely said one of them could be a promise ring.
    BTW, I never married that guy, and neither did she.
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me floor mats for my car, He was SO SURE that I had said I wanted them. :D
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    my daughter just got ice cube penises. I want to try them out. but shes being pissy.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    A homemade recipe book someone else made and gave out at their church.

Ok that was funny LOL!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My brother in law and sister in law always gave the worst presents. They would buy a bunch of junk so it looked like they were giving you a lot of gifts:

Soap on a rope
    Books that I dont read
    Hideous blouse my 75 yr. old mom wouldn't even wear
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love my family. LOVE them <3 but my mother always goes overboard for Christmas. I mention I'd like a fish tank a few years ago. Even showed her which one I wanted. A cute little 10 gallon tank. Maybe pick out a few things to put it in. Christmas morning, I wake up to this huge gift, covered in a sheet. She got me a 50 gallon fish tank! :o The thing had it's own stand and took up a huge part of my bedroom. I had it for about a month, before I started having hives on my arms. :s Turns out, I'm allergic to fish water. :/ I had to give it away. Oh well. Things could always be worse. :)
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    A friend gave me a ceiling fan cleaning attachment for a vacuum I didn't own lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ck103084 wrote: »
    I love my family. LOVE them <3 but my mother always goes overboard for Christmas. I mention I'd like a fish tank a few years ago. Even showed her which one I wanted. A cute little 10 gallon tank. Maybe pick out a few things to put it in. Christmas morning, I wake up to this huge gift, covered in a sheet. She got me a 50 gallon fish tank! :o The thing had it's own stand and took up a huge part of my bedroom. I had it for about a month, before I started having hives on my arms. :s Turns out, I'm allergic to fish water. :/ I had to give it away. Oh well. Things could always be worse. :)
    In her defense, fish are usually stuffed into containers wayy too small for them.
    xGB_BIGGEST_Goldfish_470456a_zps9d4457ba.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qptuaR6YsO.jpg

Just look at what a goldfish is supposed to grow into.