Looking for friends with a final 10-15 lbs to lose

Options

Replies

• samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Started at 215, currently around 163. Goal is somewhere around 140-150. I don't have a hard and fast number in mind but have definitely been in a slump with this last little bit. Feel free to add if you would like
  • kristinswims
    kristinswims Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like his motivational truth-telling. Thanks. I need a kick in the pants.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Back at home, with no cookies or candy in the house. I have one more after-work drinks thing I have to do on Wed, plus a NY's Eve toast, and then I can put alcohol behind me for a bit, too.

I have not logged consistently for a week. That's the challenge that I am issuing to myself. Log faithfully, keep track of the over/under calories, and see how I do for the next 7 days.
  • John1643
    John1643 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So much junk in the house but that's life. Back to logging every day, and abstaining from the sugary stuff. Making a cauliflower au gratin to use up some cheeses and a lentil soup with left over Christmas ham for dinner- odd pairing but I hate when healthy stuff gets tossed. My goals through Friday; log everything, stay under 1400, gym next 4 days.
  • Skillet007
    Skillet007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Same here. I've lost 100 lbs and on the last 15. I weight 190, I want to be 175. Going to the gym a lot and very active outside, but it has slowed down a little bit. Would love to have some fitness friends that are on the same leg of my journey.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've lost 70 and have been maintaining since September, but I'd like to drop 10-15 by early summer. I'll be sticking to 1700 to get there, plus dialing back a cardio to 3x per week and increasing lifting.
  • csjef5
    csjef5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Please add me.
    160 lb at present need to drop 10 lb to reach my goal.
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ubjdaqamccpf.png

68h71pzvytlf.png

Down 87 lbs from 265lbs in 166 days still got that last 10-15 lbs to go. Wouldn't mind some friends with similar goals. I haven't had a cheat meal and my weight loss has not stalled I have just moved to 1 lb a week from more aggressive early loss.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Lost 47 lbs. reached goal but have put 12 back on since Sept.

Back to logging at a deficit. Need this motivation.

CW - 127.2
    GW - 115
  • BeHappy2
    BeHappy2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    20 more for me...we can do it !!!
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I also have 10 pounds to go, and I'm having a hard time. I need motivation so I won't fall back into any bad habits and gain it all back. Feel free to add me.
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same here! I just added a bunch of u as friends. Currently, don't have any on here.

I feel like my body has hit a set weight, and hopefully will eventually release some lbs.

I found some info on here about eating at maintenance for a week or 2, and then going back to a deficit. Anyone try this?

Side note: I'm still nursing, so I'm worried about going too low. Hoping once we stop they may kickstart my body to drop some weight.

Good luck all!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Me too! I've lost 70 and have been maintaining since September, but I'd like to drop 10-15 by early summer. I'll be sticking to 1700 to get there, plus dialing back a cardio to 3x per week and increasing lifting.

I'm curious about your comment on cardio and lifting. Do you lose more if you lift, or are you using weights to tone? Or both?

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

CW - 127.2
    GW - 115

12/27 - 126

Weighing daily keeps me accountable.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options

CW - 127.2
    GW - 115

12/27 - 126

Weighing daily keeps me accountable.

Agreed. Me, too. Although some days it is easier to get on the scale than others!

• n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Happy to have found this thread. I have 10 more to reach a mini- goal weight. I started in spring 2016 went from 175 and set 10 lb mini-goals. Hit 148 at my goal date of Sept 2016. Have been sitting there going from 148 up as much as 155 and back. Current 151. I was waiting until the New Years to be finished with the holidays to buckle down and start losing again. I will be adding some friends, please feel free to add me as well.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    I hit my goal, which was to track calories and weigh in for 7 days. Happy to report that the scale is lighter.

I hit my calories goals on Mon, Tues, and Sun. Wed - Sat were over, by as little as 3 on Friday, but as much as 364 on Thursday. Not good.

Goals for this week:
    1. Hit my calories goals for 5 of 7 days.
    2. Do some type of cardio every day.
  • happyfamily51million
    Options
    We can do it! One day at a time! I have lost 28 1/2 lbs and weigh 135. I have 17lbs to go until I reach my goal of 118 lbs. My next goal is to weigh 133 by Tuesday, January 10th. Feeling excited and motivated!
  • Pehswiggy
    Pehswiggy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! I need motivating friends to help me push through my plateau! :)
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Options
    I like his motivational truth-telling. Thanks. I need a kick in the pants.

I saw your name on a thread and it struck me that I haven't swam in a pool in almost 2 years! Thanks for making me realize that. I'm going to pull up USMS and see if there's a pool near me with a morning masters swim.