500 Days

Options

Replies

• sicklittle
    sicklittle Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats, I cannot wait to share your same joy! I am being put on Chantix mid August....I'm praying for the best!
  • Nexxy
    Nexxy Posts: 33
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! I also stoped smoking around 2 years ago im not sure the exact date but i quit when i found out i was going to have a little angel :D
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    WOW congratulations!!! I can't wait to join you soon

Your Quit Date is: 4/11/2010

Time Smoke-Free: 460 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes and 38 seconds
    Cigarettes NOT smoked: 9219
    Lifetime Saved: 2 months, 10 days, 10 hours
    Money Saved: $1,916.67
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Congrats Nexxy and Ocarina! What a great day to quit Ocarina. That's my birthday!

You can do it sicklittle - complete willpower!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My name is marty, and I am a nicotine addict.
    I have stopped nicotine for 1 year, 9 months, 7 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes and 42 seconds (645 days).

I've not smoked 19367 death sticks, and saved £2,734.87.
    I've saved 67 days, 5 hours and 54 minutes of my life.

yay us....:drinker:

martyxxx
  • hollwoods
    hollwoods Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so great to hear. I have a close friend that smoked almost a pack a day, and has three kids. I was so happy when she successfully quit, even though she is always under a lot of stress and overworked. Keep up the great work, and treat yourself to a little something with your savings.:wink:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What a wonderful gift you've given to yourself! :heart:
  • RoseBeerGoggles
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I needed to read today! I smoked my last cigarette on Sunday. Can't wait to say I've been quit for 500 days. Way to go!
  • kel7298
    Options
    My name is marty, and I am a nicotine addict.
    I have stopped nicotine for 1 year, 9 months, 7 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes and 42 seconds (645 days).

I've not smoked 19367 death sticks, and saved £2,734.87.
    I've saved 67 days, 5 hours and 54 minutes of my life.

yay us....:drinker:

martyxxx

Wow Marty...you rocked it! (love that nicotine addict part!

Vanessa - You can do it!
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's awesome WTG
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Dear kel7298 - Congrats to you. I can share that quitting smoking was maybe one of the most important things I have ever done. I quit 928 days ago (after smoking like a chimney on New Years Eve 2008/9!!) My motto since then has been...."FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION". Even though I have to repeat that to myself every once in a while as I still think about those miserable things - I refuse to let them control my life again. You have given yourself the best gift and the key to unlocking so many more by the power you have "taken back"!!! I gained quite a bit of weight when I quit and although that was a bummer - MFP is still supporting me and helping me shed that. I no longer "clear my throat" when I answer the phone or get sick nearly as often as I used to. Not sure how much money I saved but the other day I asked how much a pack was at a store in Massachusetts and they said $9.50!!!! WOW! I was a 10 pack a week smoker - I could probably buy a new car! I applaud you!!!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    8 months and 15 days for me. Congrats to you. It's awesome~! :drinker:
  • kel7298
    Options
    Thank you!

I love reading all the other "success" or soon to be hopefully success stories! I truly amazes me just how strong we can be when we want it bad enough.

As onawhymm put it FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of everyone here who has kicked the habit! That is my next life goal!! I KNOW I can do it!!

Congrats to ALL who have done it and good luck to all who are going to soon!!
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow...good work! I can imagine quitting was no walk in the park but totally worth it!
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    "I am so proud of everyone here who has kicked the habit! That is my next life goal!! I KNOW I can do it!!

Congrats to ALL who have done it and good luck to all who are going to soon!! "

--I am not a smoker so my comment probably doesn't hold much weight, but...I totally think you can do it! If you have the drive to lose 47 pounds, you have the drive to quit smoking! Good luck and God bless :)
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    ago today, I did one of the most important things in my life - I quit smoking. :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:

I have been quit for 1 Year, 4 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 10 hours, 43 minutes and 24 seconds (500 days). I have saved $2,502.23 by not smoking 10,008 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 3 Days and 18 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 3/1/2010 12:00

Fantastic! Six years come Christmas for me--best, smartest, most wonderful thing I ever did!

Kris
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ago today, I did one of the most important things in my life - I quit smoking. :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:

I have been quit for 1 Year, 4 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 10 hours, 43 minutes and 24 seconds (500 days). I have saved $2,502.23 by not smoking 10,008 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 3 Days and 18 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 3/1/2010 12:00

Wow, time adds up fast....I have been quit 4 months, 2 weeks and a couple days.

I have gained a little weight but found after 3 months of not smoking that I was ready to commit to losing the weight I gained plus some of the excess that I had before I quit. I find that the support of a forum (I joined http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&webtag=ab-quitsmoking has been one of the greatest assistance to my quit). Like FP this non-smoking forum is filled with others doing the same, breaking bad habits!! Life and Health is already feeling better!

Donna
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    "I am so proud of everyone here who has kicked the habit! That is my next life goal!! I KNOW I can do it!!

--I am not a smoker so my comment probably doesn't hold much weight, but...I totally think you can do it! If you have the drive to lose 47 pounds, you have the drive to quit smoking! Good luck and God bless :)

Thanks SO much Ericka! I really appreciate the support!
  • kel7298
    Options

Thanks SO much Ericka! I really appreciate the support!

Well said Ericka!

Carly - I know you can do it too!

Donna - you are so rocking it!

Kris - Wow that is incredible! I can hardly wait when I can say that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!