How do you feel when you go over your calories?

Options
I feel a little down. First time today since i started my challenge. Went over 707. It was a yummy meal.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't really have unexpected overages so it doesn't bother me. Also, I aim for a weekly average but try not to go too extreme on underages/overages on a daily basis. I like to keep it within 300 calories on either side.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ^^^

Agreed. If it happens, pick up and move on. One day isn't a big deal.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Too full :D
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    The only time I feel down about it is if it was just a huge waste. Like I was just mindlessly eating crap I don't even like or want. If I have something really tasty it's worth it and I don't feel bad. Life's too short to not enjoy that fabulous piece of chocolate cake from time to time.
  • julieannka
    julieannka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it as long as I stay within my maintenance calories for the week, as I won't be gaining weight from it. the worst thing that will happen is one week longer to reach my goal.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No biggie. It is just one day.

Log it and move on. Don't beat yourself up.
    OP, three days ago you posted that you've always got calories left at the end of the day because you're not hungry. Check your weekly net total and try to reach your goals over a week. If you're under-eating by a lot on some days, that may explain why you went over today...but it might all work out right over 7 days.
    This. It evens out over the week. OP, if you're really that upset about going over for just one day even tough your other days were short, it may be best to talk to someone.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you go over in calories one day, sleep well and don't go over the next day. If you do go over the next day, sleep well and don't go over the next next day. Eventually, you don't go over and you can conserve the nexts. When you get good at not going over, you lose weight.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    Just don't sweat it and keep it rolling. One day isn't going to hurt you as much as you think, its when you do this consistently is when it hurts. If its something that bothers you that much tho just go do some cardio and burn it off.
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OP, three days ago you posted that you've always got calories left at the end of the day because you're not hungry. Check your weekly net total and try to reach your goals over a week. If you're under-eating by a lot on some days, that may explain why you went over today...but it might all work out right over 7 days.

I see you have looked me up
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Like a boss for actually being able to eat that much.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Go to the app
    Go to reports
    Check out net calories report over last 7 days
    Post the picture
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I feel great -because my goal is to gain weight. If I go under for one day I don't worry - one day makes little difference if the overall trend is what you're aiming for
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Go to the app
    Go to reports
    Check out net calories report over last 7 days
    Post the picture

This. Look at your weekly totals and see where your calorie intake is at.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I feel ok. I just eat less the next day