What's the main food you eat on your weight loss journey?

Options
What's the main food you eat on your weight loss journey?

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat the same foods I always did just in appropriate portion sizes for my goal.
    How I typically eat:
    Breakfast- things like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese (about 200-300 calories)
    Lunch- things like sandwich, salad, or dinner leftovers (about 300-500 calories)
    Dinner- something different every night of the month. (about 500-600 calories) I have soup once a week usually.
    Snacks- things like fruit, chips, popcorn, pretzels, chocolate, cookies, granola bar, carrots, celery, broccoli, trail mix, deviled eggs, pickles, cottage cheese (about 100-300 calories)
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Meat. And eggs. And cheese. And butter.

Oh, and peanut butter and nuts. And veggies, especially salad, green beans, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Breakfast is usually whole grain toast with almond butter and marmalade (weekdays) or whole grain toast with butter and eggs (weekends).

Lunch is lots of vegetables plus either cheese and crackers or a Subway sub or similar (weekdays). Pretty variable on weekends.

Dinner is highly variable. Proper portions of what I consider to be "normal food". I try to make sure I include a decent portion of vegetables.

Snacks vary but often include dark chocolate (almost every day), fruit, Wasa crackers, yogurt (sometimes Greek), etc.

I try to have a glass of milk every day. Sometimes it has protein powder in it. Lately, I've been brewing chai tea, mixing it 50-50 with the milk then reheating to proper drinking temperature in the microwave. I also drink tea (hot or cold) and a couple of diet sodas every day.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    All of it...in moderation.

^ This.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Bread
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    The edible ones.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    All of it...in moderation.

This. Things I like but smaller portions and sometimes bulked out with veg if I feel the need for volume. One piece of toast with an egg instead of two, one cup of pasta with 3-4oz protein and some veg instead of a bowlful with cheese on. Just little choices here and there.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Veggies Greek yogurt and protien shakes
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    The main food I eat is the food I like to eat. Sometimes I eat food I don't like so much, but that's not often.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is this a trick question? Variety is important for health and well-being, and you can eat anything in moderation and lose weight.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    Organic mixed salad greens pre washed in those plastic tubs.. Love them.. eat them everyday with olive oil and rice vinegar. So easy to grab and mix..
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I find myself doing lots of grains and grain based foods, but then again, that's what I've always done. Vegetables too, easy bulk for the calories, again, I've always loved them so no much different there.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Pasta probably
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Main? I eat all food groups and vary the contribution from each group.