Who will be working out on xmas day?

Options
Just out of interest really.

My stupid body clocks means I wake everyday about 3.30. As my gym is 24hr I am normally in the gym about 4.30 and then back home before the family wake.

I know tomorrow I am gonna find it hard to resist the urge to head out to burn off some xmas calories

Replies

• Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Just sprints. Nothing major
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Got a good workout in today and will just enjoy the next two days and get back to not eating like an idiot after :D
  • Andrea2316
    Andrea2316 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not a chance! Sunday isn't a workout day for me anyway but even if it was I do no exercise or dieting on Christmas!
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!
    Working Xmas day too, so just another day for me
    At least the gym will be quiet, not like the first couple weeks after New Years Resolutions are started!!
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Does lifting my fork to my mouth count as an arm workout? Our cutlery is quite heavy and will be loaded with yummy food, providing some resistance :) perhaps I'll drink with my left hand so I stay balanced...

^^love this^^
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Not me. Spending the whole day with my family.
  • derekgolding
    derekgolding Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am always up early, so I will be planning on a 10 mile walk before getting home to open presents with my family. Merry Christmas to all of you.
  • squarewheels66
    squarewheels66 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HM training plan calls for 10mile run with some speed work - normally do long run on Sunday.

Will do it while turkey is cooking and before guests arrive
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Not for me. I would, but my gym is closing at 2pm today until Monday. So I'm sneaking a workout in today, so I don't feel as guilty not going and engorging myself with delicious food and alcohol.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I plan on it. Sunday is usually an optional day for me but I skipped cardio on Thursday. It is just 30 minutes on a stationary bike - not that hard to fit in.
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Planning to run sprints in the morning before everyone else gets up
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Maybe, I wasn't planning on running 7 miles at 4am this morning either. That happens when you have dinner beers and fall asleep at 8.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Yup - a couple hours on the bike for sure is planned on Christmas Day. Big meal at our house is today, Christmas Eve Dinner at 6. 2 1/2 hours on the bike this morning, with 30 minutes of core work later on is planned.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I am always up early, so I will be planning on a 10 mile walk before getting home to open presents with my family. Merry Christmas to all of you.

WOW how long does that take you to do? What do you do to keep yourself occupied during all that time?
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My gym is closed but I'll probably go for a walk at some point.. the weather is supposed to be relatively nice.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    Options
    I'll be cycling, and probably walking, and if it is hot enough ... maybe swimming. :)