Nervous about Christmas!

Options
So this weekend I plan on not watching what I eat, I'm NOT going to over eat, but I definitely don't plan on watching my carbs like i usually do. I'm going to skip weigh in on Monday and just do it the week after next, that way I have 1 week to work my butt off in the gym before I step on the scale again. But for some reason I feel super guilty. I've lost 17 pounds in about 2 weeks (mostly water weight obviously) I'm just scared that I'm going to gain weight like crazy even with those few meals that aren't low carb. Is anyone else feeling like that? Are some of you staying on track this weekend?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My plan is to stay the course: Eat moderately, log honestly, and weigh daily. If I go over deficit or maintenance, that's my choice. I'm not a LC dieter, but much respect to anyone who can stick with it.
  • ensie1
    ensie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat lower carb because I'm diabetic, but I didn't obsess over the day today, and I won't tomorrow either. I am logging my food and testing my glucose, if it gets high then I'll know that I have over-indulged and need to take a 15 minute walk, maybe step away from the kitchen and the opportunities to munch. I did try hard to listen to my body and eat until I'm full, not stuffed. I will weigh and work out as usual starting Monday after taking an extra day off this week due to the holidays.

Try not to fear the holidays. Enjoy them, then go back to your usual plan once they are over.
  • bbhm124
    bbhm124 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's one day ......As long as you keep it one day and don't overstress I don't have a problem.... Just a cheat day..... Merry Christmas
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm straying on track by still getting my 45 min power walks (already did it today), and allowing room for a few Christmas cookies later (3 specifically), but otherwise eating healthy and yummy dinner and snacks, and enjoying my family.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and wine :)