Who will be working out on xmas day?

Replies

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Sunday is a rest day for me. I'll do some stretching in the am, maybe some walking to watch the sunrise :)

Dunno...maybe wake the wife with a little tickling .....that usually results in burning a few calories :p

Then just family and food and fun the rest of the day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    If people will leave me alone for an hour, yes.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited December 2016
    Only if we take a postprandial stroll.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Absolutely not ha back in the gym Tuesday
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Only a 14 mile run.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    I will be. Same as any other. I'll enjoy the rest of the day more if I do it.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I'll be doing my usual weighted vest walk for a few miles, but both of my gyms are closed tomorrow. Luckily I knew it was coming, so I condensed a week of 5/3/1 into four consecutive days. Two days of no lifts will do me some good for recovery. Back at it on Tuesday.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Just walking for me. I just got done doing 3.5 miles and listening to a football podcast. I'll do the same tomorrow because in reality, I ain't doing anything till after 12pm anyway.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    I'm an early riser, I'll be out for my run while the rest of the family are snug in their beds with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads.....
  • KelleySheley
    KelleySheley Posts: 2 Member
    I am also an early riser and will go on my early 1 mile walk while adding in 30 minutes of beginning yoga.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    I will be but it will be something small like 30 min. of step aerobics or kickboxing. Nothing major but enough to keep me from feeling sluggish the rest of the day.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Sunday is usually a rest day for me, just walking a few miles, so no issues here.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    spitapot81 wrote: »
    Just out of interest really.

My stupid body clocks means I wake everyday about 3.30. As my gym is 24hr I am normally in the gym about 4.30 and then back home before the family wake.

I know tomorrow I am gonna find it hard to resist the urge to head out to burn off some xmas calories

what time do you go to bed to be able to wake up so early?!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    I'll lift the Yule log and down a few goblets of cheer!
  • Gallowmere1984

My stupid body clocks means I wake everyday about 3.30. As my gym is 24hr I am normally in the gym about 4.30 and then back home before the family wake.

I know tomorrow I am gonna find it hard to resist the urge to head out to burn off some xmas calories

Sounds about like me. I'm up by 2:00, breakfast in me by 3:30 after morning mobility work, and at the gym lifting between 4:30 and 5:30, depending upon which gym I go to.

I'm also usually in bed asleep by 18:00 or 19:00. A lot of people do their "me time" in the evenings. I do mine before work. Just seems to set a better pace for the day.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    I will be. I like taking my walks!
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member

Sounds about like me. I'm up by 2:00, breakfast in me by 3:30 after morning mobility work, and at the gym lifting between 4:30 and 5:30, depending upon which gym I go to.

I'm also usually in bed asleep by 18:00 or 19:00. A lot of people do their "me time" in the evenings. I do mine before work. Just seems to set a better pace for the day.

I wish - my body clock is fubar. 2200 give or take most nights to 0200-0300 most mornings. 6 hours or more uninterrupted is a fantasy for me.
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited December 2016
    Cylphin60 wrote: »

I wish - my body clock is fubar. 2200 give or take most nights to 0200-0300 most mornings. 6 hours or more uninterrupted is a fantasy for me.

I used to be the same way. I changed a few things, and I am out like a light shortly after the sun is down.

1: no lights or electronics of any sort (other than my alarm clock) in my bedroom.
    2: epsom soak an hour before bedtime.
    3: phone on vibrate, sitting on my kitchen counter.
    4: I wake up 3-4 times per night to pee. Each time, I smoke a cigarette, make a small part of my breakfast for the next morning, then shut all lights back off and back in bed. Takes about ten minutes each time.

It's a weird combination of things for sure, but it's worked wonders for my sleep quality and duration.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    I will be working out in the morning like I do most any other day of my life. I usually do 30-60 min depending on how much time I have before I have to get ready for work. It's a habit, one I love, and it's much like brushing teeth in the morning - something I just do.