Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight

Replies

• jenna20164eva
    jenna20164eva Posts: 15 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    The last pic, did you use photoshop? Your waist looks odd.

Your waist would look different two when u just lost ova 100 pounds lol I went from 200 to 110
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I'm not sure if the dress is modifying your shape, but it appears you can handle being slightly overweight if you wish, but if you want to lose more you have enough fat to handle that too. Ultimately it's comes down to your preference at this point.
  • jenna20164eva
    I'm not sure if the dress is modifying your shape, but it appears you can handle being slightly overweight if you wish, but if you want to lose more you have enough fat to handle that too. Ultimately it's comes down to your preference at this point.

How much u think I should lose I just want to look good. And how overweight do I look because I went to the doctors a couple weeks ago and she said I'm average for my height and age but idk
  • amusedmonkey
    edited December 2016

How much u think I should lose I just want to look good. And how overweight do I look because I went to the doctors a couple weeks ago and she said I'm average for my height and age but idk

That's up to you, really. You will know when to stop when you are happy with the way you look, regardless of how much you weigh, as long as you are over 115 pounds you should be fine.

ETA: and no, you don't look sick at 120. People are just not used to seeing you like that. You said you wish to get down to 130? Why not aim for that and stop wherever you feel you look best even if it ends up being some different number.
  • jenna20164eva
    Why don't you take some normal photos? (Standing, not laying down)

Also aesthetically it just depends if you like being the weight you are- what do you think? Do you like how you look and feel?

for a more medical point of view, according to a BMI chart you are on the high end of normal/healthy. This goes only by height and weight though, so it's hard to tell if you have a good lean mass to body fat ratio or not.

Well I just posted more pics
  • jenna20164eva

That's up to you, really. You will know when to stop when you are happy with the way you look, regardless of how much you weigh, as long as you are over 115 pounds you should be fine.

Do I look really fat though? Sorry I'm very self concious. My aunt says I'm big boned so I won't ever be small like I want to be is that true
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Your skeleton doesn't look larger than normal to me.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Dress sizes are completely irrelevant (too much variance between manufacturers), so no it's not weird that you wear smaller sized clothes. The manufacturers you gravitate towards are engaging in vanity sizing (quite common anymore). I think you looked really good at 120 (the last pic you posted). Not too thin or "sick" at all. You do seem to carry a bit of extra weight well, so it's really a matter of what you personally prefer. If your doc says you are currently healthy (your current weight is just barely into the overweight category), then it really boils down to what you find most aesthetically pleasing.
  • amusedmonkey

Do I look really fat though? Sorry I'm very self concious. My aunt says I'm big boned so I won't ever be small like I want to be is that true

You look your BMI: slightly overweight. Would you call that fat? I don't know, it depends. I personally find a little bit of extra fat to be aesthetically pleasing, so I would consider you pretty. By BMI, you are considered 7 pounds overfat. By body fat, you don't seem to be particularly lean, which is to be expected at that weight.

I'm not sure why you are worrying so much, really. Different people will perceive you differently. To some you may look too thin, or too fat, or just right. That's why if your doctor has approved of your weight only your own opinion matters at this point.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    You need to start strength training IMO

Get some muscle development, lose a little excess fat to accentuate your curves

Strong Curves would be a good programme and probably easier to get your head around than stronglifts or starting strength

But that's just my opinion

The only one that counts is yours because you're not unhealthily overweight

I have to say though in 20 years you're going to look back on these photos and kick yourself for not having enough confidence to rock it and not realising how beautiful you look right now

Cos you can rock it if you choose to ...and that's where the sexy comes in (nor in duck faces or intakes of breath)

Had to quote this ^^^^ because it is SO spot on it's worth repeating.

OP there really isn't anything more to be said about the photos you have posted due to the manipulation of the images due to the poses you are making.

I too think you looked fine at a lower weight and would agree with Amused that it was others perceptions of you giving you pause. Really all you are doing now here is engaging another set of outsiders perceptions of your body, don't be so eager to give that power away.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Well congrats on weight loss good job .. as far as what weight you are. .. it's your body do what makes you happy . That's what counts

Good luck
  • jenna20164eva
    edited December 2016
    vib6r7xxvb1m.jpg
    piiiaj2nhwk3.jpg
    I just took these pics I think I lost a little weight by only eating one small meal a day I did it for a week. What do u guys think do I look better. I fit into my size 4 pants now
  • jenna20164eva
    I'm not tryna show my books there just there
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I just took these pics I think I lost a little weight by only eating one small meal a day I did it for a week. What do u guys think do I look better. I fit into my size 4 pants now

Enter your stats into MFP to lose 0.5lbs a week and eat the calories it gives you, everyday. You dont need to suffer or torture yourself by undereating. Above all, lose the weight for YOU, eff everybody else!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    I agree with Sued0nim. You're not fat. What you do have in my inexpert opinion is the perfect body for recomposition. Eat at a slight deficit or maintenance and do strength training. You'll lose the fat curves and replace them with muscle curves.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    You edited and posted those pics after i responded. No, you do not look fat all!
  • jenna20164eva
    You edited and posted those pics after i responded. No, you do not look fat all!

Thank u I am trying to lose more I want to start going to the gym but when I did before the trainer said my body couldn't physically handle it because when he was training me and only 15 min into the session my whole body started shaking uncontrollably and he made me stop