Options

Replies

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    spitapot81 wrote: »
    Just out of interest really.

My stupid body clocks means I wake everyday about 3.30. As my gym is 24hr I am normally in the gym about 4.30 and then back home before the family wake.

I know tomorrow I am gonna find it hard to resist the urge to head out to burn off some xmas calories

Sounds about like me. I'm up by 2:00, breakfast in me by 3:30 after morning mobility work, and at the gym lifting between 4:30 and 5:30, depending upon which gym I go to.

I'm also usually in bed asleep by 18:00 or 19:00. A lot of people do their "me time" in the evenings. I do mine before work. Just seems to set a better pace for the day.

I wish - my body clock is fubar. 2200 give or take most nights to 0200-0300 most mornings. 6 hours or more uninterrupted is a fantasy for me.

I used to be the same way. I changed a few things, and I am out like a light shortly after the sun is down.

1: no lights or electronics of any sort (other than my alarm clock) in my bedroom.
    2: epsom soak an hour before bedtime.
    3: phone on vibrate, sitting on my kitchen counter.
    4: I wake up 3-4 times per night to pee. Each time, I smoke a cigarette, make a small part of my breakfast for the next morning, then shut all lights back off and back in bed. Takes about ten minutes each time.

It's a weird combination of things for sure, but it's worked wonders for my sleep quality and duration.

I can do weird if it'll work lol. I'm going to give some of those a shot, thanks.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I was contemplating a hike in the mountains or at Red Rock Canyon. Rain is happening though :( No way I can get my family to go out in that, lol. Maybe for New Year's.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much time I have. It's been nice weather so I may take the dog we're watching out for a long-ish walk by our house. My gym is closed though and I might be too busy with other stuff! I hit it today though and have class monday.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate Christmas, so yes :) since my gym isn't 24 hours and won't be open on Christmas, I'll probably just do a video at home.

Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for working out "when you should be spending time with your family blah blah." It's totally possible to spend time with your family and get in a work out, and it doesn't mean that by working out on a holiday you're not letting yourself relax and enjoy it. It's all about balance. In fact, on Thanksgiving it's one of my traditions to go out for an early morning run because the roads are empty and it's an enjoyable time to exercise. Then I go and spend time with my family and eat good food. I find I can relax better when I exert myself at some point during the day, otherwise I'm just itching to do something.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'ts 9am Christmas morning here now, and it's so stickin' hot already that all my workout plans have been nixed. Will be going for a "swim" this afternoon, or should i say bobbing around the surface with a flotation device to keep me from sinking, like a big ol bloated beached whale :lol:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    I'ts 9am Christmas morning here now, and it's so stickin' hot already that all my workout plans have been nixed. Will be going for a "swim" this afternoon, or should i say bobbing around the surface with a flotation device to keep me from sinking, like a big ol bloated beached whale :lol:

We're in a part of Tasmania where it is quite warm ... for Tasmania. We're planning to cycle out to a larger beach with bigger waves and maybe splash around a bit, and then return to the swimming beach near our accommodation to test the waters.

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Doing my Legs workout. Days like tomorrow are when having a home gym is nice. I don't believe any gyms are open in my town tomorrow.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Yup, probably cardio. Back to weights the day after.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I was contemplating a hike in the mountains or at Red Rock Canyon. Rain is happening though :( No way I can get my family to go out in that, lol. Maybe for New Year's.
    Red Rock Canyon is amazing, love it there. Lucky you!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing an exercise dvd before heading to the airport..
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    The past two days have been my usual rest days, so I'll be working out tomorrow morning.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Walking my dog, he doesn't care what day it is or how crappy it is outside.
  • sarahgreensandthings
    Options
    I wasn't planning to, but we aren't doing things until the afternoon and I got a spanking new Fitbit that I can't wait to whip out, so I'm going to treat myself to an early Christmas jog
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Did a 5km walk this morning before the heat set in 37 degrees c now so went for a dip at the beach to cool down phew
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Got up at 6:30am, had a shower, than walked the dogs for 40 minutes with my dad. He gave me a fitbit charge 2 for Christmas, and I gave him my old pedometer, so we were competing for steps today. Every hour, on the hour, we walked around the block. I ended up getting over 10,000 steps by lunchtime. Then I had a nap in the afternoon, lol.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    sarko15 wrote: »
    I don't celebrate Christmas, so yes :) since my gym isn't 24 hours and won't be open on Christmas, I'll probably just do a video at home.

Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for working out "when you should be spending time with your family blah blah." It's totally possible to spend time with your family and get in a work out, and it doesn't mean that by working out on a holiday you're not letting yourself relax and enjoy it. It's all about balance. In fact, on Thanksgiving it's one of my traditions to go out for an early morning run because the roads are empty and it's an enjoyable time to exercise. Then I go and spend time with my family and eat good food. I find I can relax better when I exert myself at some point during the day, otherwise I'm just itching to do something.

On the same token don't feel guilty to exercise if you don't want to. One day of not exercising won't spoil anything
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I won't be today.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,677 Member
    Options
    On my way out now. It's 31 degrees outside and I never wear a hat so my head will be cold!!!! Out for a 3.5 mile walk.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png