What has helped me stay on track

I actually had to incorporate my faith in my weight loss journey. A year and a half ago I was just so disgusted with myself and knew if I didn't make changes fast my life was in jeopardy. At 5'5 and was 305 lbs , I was depressed and miserable!
I finally made a promise to God that I would no longer eat sweets, fast food, chips and fried food. After trying a thousand times and failing I needed to make a promise I could not break.
Since I have made that promise, I have not had one day that I have struggled! I also started using myfitnesspal to help me keep track of my food choices.
I know many people will say it's my choices that caused my weight loss, yes but without my promise, I would have cheated again and again. I am at 217 now with another 70 lbs to go. But I know I can do it this time.
So.... that is my story

Replies

• x3livox
    x3livox Posts: 48 Member
    Hey, if it is what worked for you, then it is what worked for you! Congrats on your weight loss so far, and good luck with the next leg of your journey!
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    That's so wonderful, I'm proud of you for keeping your promise! I know God has given me a lot of strength through this journey.
  • christareid28
    christareid28 Posts: 47 Member
    awesome
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Congrats!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Congratulations. Sounds like you found what works best for you, that's a plus.
  • Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Love seeing this post ! When people ask me how I've lost my weight I always include god ! I pray about it daily sometimes I pray about it a few times a day ! With him all things are possible !
  • marifrie33
    marifrie33 Posts: 34 Member
    All good things come from above (can't remember where in the bible that's from).
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    That is so great! Keep up all of your hard work. You are doing awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!