JUST STARTING ON KETO PLAN

Today is a new beginning for me. I want to find friends that can help and encourage me on my journey. Also can someone tell me how to add someone as a friends. Thanks

Replies

• patti349
    patti349 Posts: 72 Member
    well, I figured out how to add friends...
  • TKattWood
    TKattWood Posts: 5 Member
    Hi patti349, I too am starting on the keto diet. I am starting with an egg fast beginning first thing tomorrow morning.
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Hi. I've been doing low carb / keto for almost 4 weeks now. I'm looking for people to connect with to help my motivation level. I have a tough time with numbers on scales so only stood in one two days ago. Things never seem to happen fast enough for me (I need to learn to celebrate small successes).
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    hey I think there is a "Keto Group" I bet you can find a lot of people on the same diet as yourself! :) For me it's always helpful to find folks on the same journey.
  • kmdt1981
    kmdt1981 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm starting Keto for the 2nd time on January 3rd!!! Would love to have friends who are on the same journey!
  • jadevalentine
    jadevalentine Posts: 10 Member
    I'm doing the low carb "kept" as well. I'm not have the rapid weight loss people describe but in 3 months, I have lost 14 lb and am motivated to keep going. I would love to talk about how staying low fat is possible while low carb. I seem to eat too much heavy cream and cheese!
    16839606.png
  • turner1692
    turner1692 Posts: 2 Member
    There's a great keto FAQ on the reddit.com/r/keto forum. I've been eating keto since July (with some cheats on the holiday), and noticed there are a lot of things people don't know that this could clear up.
  • anja8577
    anja8577 Posts: 6 Member
    @jadevalentine your body needs to get its energy from one macronutrient or another. if you want to go low carb AND low fat, you would have to go extremely high protein, which could become an issue for your liver! Have you set a daily calorie goal and calculated your macros accordingly?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    ^^^ Yep.... what dasher posted.