Cold/Flu season is upon us!

Options
Anyone out there have any suggestions about exercising while sick? I've been walking everyday, but when I'm sick I still want to exercise but my body is saying NO.

Replies

• not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Flu is no joke. Your body knows what it needs and usually that's rest and fluids. Like a lot of rest. Colds--I think it depends. If you're exhausted, don't fight it. Again, rest and fluids.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was diagnosed with influenza on 12/15 and just had my first workout since then yesterday. The worst of the symptoms were gone after 3-4 days but I was left completely exhausted. I decided to prioritize sleep over exercise for awhile and I don't regret it at all. When I got back to it yesterday, I had a great workout, with no need to scale back or lower weights.

I'm still drinking more water than normal, though, and I am a big water drinker even when not sick. I just feel so dry.
  • mky2383
    mky2383 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! Your advice helps a lot. I'm feeling much better today, & I'm ready to start exercising again! Might take it slow today, but at least it's something!