Down 6 pounds in 4 days...

Options
In theory, its mostly water but non the less the scale is at 194...

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Yup, mostly water, but at the same time it means you are going the right direction. Good job.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks brother!

I used to be in the fitness industry so I know a thing or two... ;)
    That being said, I want to really get to 10% BF by April and my diet needs to get better for that to happen.

Frank

• wayne2017
    wayne2017 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 pound in 2 days am worried ?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Carb reduction?

What's your current BF %?
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Carb reduction?

Mine?
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Carb reduction?

Mine?

Yes yours

You're 194lbs, how tall and what's your current BF that you want to be at 10% in 4 months
  • Kenny2G
    Kenny2G Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good job man! Remember to stay hydrated and keep working hard
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    @WalkingDeadFrank what are you doing? I'm trying to lose some serious weight over the next few weeks...don't care if it's mostly water weight in this particular situation.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    @WalkingDeadFrank what are you doing? I'm trying to lose some serious weight over the next few weeks...don't care if it's mostly water weight in this particular situation.

You can only lose a lot of water weight if you have a lot to lose. Things that hold water in your system are sodium and carbs. Frankly, the 6 pounds in 4 days the OP posted about will likely be far less in the days following and quickly level out around the goal loss per week he is set at.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Agreed.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    Options
    Kenny2G wrote: »
    Good job man! Remember to stay hydrated and keep working hard

Agreed...and you're looking great brother!

Frank
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    Options

Do you have a fitness watch?

I reduced my sodium intake a lot, diet had too much in it and was causing water retention. I logged all calories and made sure that I was staying hydrated.

Plain oat meal for breakfast, grill chicken, Isopure shakes(zero carbs), steamed broccoli, raw almonds, egg beaters (Pam with some onions and peppers).

Frank

• WalkingDeadFrank
    edited December 2016
    Options

You can only lose a lot of water weight if you have a lot to lose. Things that hold water in your system are sodium and carbs. Frankly, the 6 pounds in 4 days the OP posted about will likely be far less in the days following and quickly level out around the goal loss per week he is set at.

Yea, it's mostly water weight and that's why I stated it in my statement.

I'm really only looking to lose BF % and my weight will be in the 180s after it's all said and done.

Frank
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    Options
    Carb reduction?

Mine?

Yes yours

You're 194lbs, how tall and what's your current BF that you want to be at 10% in 4 months

Hi Sue,

I'm 5'9" and I'm at 14% BF.

That's an error with 10% BF as my goal, 12% BF is my actual goal.

My salt intake was to high and cutting that out helped with the water retention.

Frank
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Carb reduction?

Mine?

Yes yours

Hi Sue,

My salt intake was to high and cutting that out helped with the water retention.

Frank

May I ask how you are measuring your BF?
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    Options
    Carb reduction?

Mine?

Yes yours

Hi Sue,

Frank

May I ask how you are measuring your BF?

Recently Hydrostatic....$60 here in the city but I wanted an accurate reading.

Usually I'll get the skinfold test since it's fairly accurate and only $20.

Frank

• Sued0nim
    Options
    14% is a decent enough body fat % and at 194lbs you must have years of hypertrophic work behind you as that's a significant amount of muscle to be carrying in your 166lbs of LBM

Getting down to 12% should be possible in 4 months

Best of luck. Don't get discourages when the scale drops slow down, or even swing back with sodium / carbs just keep plugging away
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yea, if you are already that muscular, you should have 0 issues getting lower.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    Options
    14% is a decent enough body fat % and at 194lbs you must have years of hypertrophic work behind you as that's a significant amount of muscle to be carrying in your 166lbs of LBM

Getting down to 12% should be possible in 4 months

Best of luck. Don't get discourages when the scale drops slow down, or even swing back with sodium / carbs just keep plugging away

Should I extend the goal to 6 months since I want to lose the least amount of muscle possible?

And thanks again for the feedback.

Frank
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Patience is the key here. Since you are so close the slower date would probably work better for you with less stress.