What's the main food you eat on your weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Everything but just less than I used to eat.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It depends. Obviously I can lose weight eating anything I want, but if I'm looking to stave off hunger (which I usually am.....) I stick with nonfat Greek yogurt, fruit/veggies, potatoes (they keep me full), shiritake noodles, protein in every way/shape/form, light soups.....
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    A little bet of everything; just watch the portion sizes. And if it doesn't taste good (or you don't like it)Eat what you like to eat and when you reach your goal you're more likely to maintain it.
  • Snowdusk
    Snowdusk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Probably broccoli xD
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    What's the main food you eat on your weight loss journey?

All the Foods I ate before, but in smaller portion sizes. Also increased the amount of exercise.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Zucchini... butter... coffee and milk
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything. But the one thing i have most everyday for dessert is Protein sludge. Better macros/calories and so much more filling and satisfying than regular dessert type foods i usually go for.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything. But the one thing i have most everyday for dessert is Protein sludge. Better macros/calories and so much more filling and satisfying than regular dessert type foods i usually go for.

I must ask.... What is protein sludge?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight, I generally ate the same things in smaller quantities, but I did lean towards more rice, lentils, and steamed vegetables than I do now.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »

Only the most delicious mountain of goo imaginable. Tastes amazing and is extremely filling and is decently low calorie depending on the ingredients. I must admit, however, it could do with some help in the looks department :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »

Here's my recipe, there's loads of variations on the interwebz.

55g chocolate protein powder
    25g pb2
    100ish ml vanilla almond milk

Mix together with a spoon and refrigerate for at least an hour.

I microwave mine for around 60 seconds, so it's slightly crunchy on the outside and warm and gooey on the inside. I top mine with vanilla yogurt and/or cottage cheese.

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Sounds pretty good! Thanks Christine!
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been cereal and milk in the morning or a two egg, 2 pieces of bacon, 3 slices of ultra thin sargento cheese between two pieces of toasted Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat bread. Such a delicious and filling breakfast sandwich, quick and keeps me full past lunch!
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    All the fudz.
  • healthybearey
    healthybearey Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chicken <3
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Carrot or tomato juice, Eggs, fish and milk.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Iam's grain-free adult salmon and red lentils.
  • BlackBird1775
    BlackBird1775 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat TONS of stuff. That way, I don't get bored.

Breakfast is eggs (scrambled, over medium, just whites, etc) with some veggie. Sometimes it's kale, spinach, mushrooms or leftovers. My favorite on a day I know I'm going to be active is a sweet potato hash with peppers and onions!

Lunch is a lean meat and veggie usually. Chicken thighs are my favorite. Veggies are whatever I want! So long as they aren't a startchy veg.

Dinner is similar to lunch. Salmon, ground meat, chicken, shrimp, etc. with veggies.

I was strict paleo for years (I've lost over 120lbs and am now working on the last 40!) and love it. Although I am incorporating some wild rice or quinoa to fuel muscle gains.

Snacks are apples and almond butter (okay okay, I'm eating peanut butter in small portions), hard boiled eggs, paleo tuna salad and sweet potato chips or a protein shake.

I'm trying to be super strict right now to reach my goals sooner rather than later. I'm excited
  • Kenny2G
    Kenny2G Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, brown rice, and broccoli
  • myfightsong88
    myfightsong88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Eggs, bread (mmm bread), chicken, pasta, turkey (usually ground), peanut butter