'thunder' things

Options
bry_all01
bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
first things first, yes I know I am a small person in a size 2-4 body, so please do not judge me when I ask how or if I can get rid of my "thunder" things. I am serious about it. I am entering a competition in 3 months (bikini - Ms Fitness) and know that cellulite and my rockin' thunder things are my problem areas... :embarassed:

I know there is pretty much nothing I can do about my "cottage cheese" butt, and I can live with that, if I HAVE to, but there has GOT to be a way to slim down, trim down, something down these thighs of mine. Help, please....Thank you in advance for not being judgmental or harsh! :tongue:

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Check out videos on YouTube, pilates and something about inner thigh and calves. That should help :)

Here's a link:
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=7I-c-yw5ZrQ
  • bry_all01
    Options
    I hadn't even thought about You Tube, thank you!!!

I knew it was going to be a stupid, but legit question when I asked. My husband told me when we got home from the gym earlier this evening and after he met my trainer that I need to be honest with him about my "problem" areas. i.e. thighs and cellulite, so he can see if he can work something into out workout. Now, my husband is completely supportive of my entering my first ever competition, but he is also realistic and knows I am, too. Plus, he only said out loud what I was already thinking and worrying about, hearing it only confirmed my worst fears. I just didn't think about asking about it or mentioning it to the trainer.

Sorry for rambling! Thank you again!
    Check out videos on YouTube, pilates and something about inner thigh and calves. That should help :)

Here's a link:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    My mom's side of the family ALL has huge thighs. So, unfortunately, some of us are just genetically doomed to larger thighs.

However, running along with the hip machines at the gym have helped mine a lot. They are still on the larger side, but they are pure muscle.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    running! Doh! I thought that word might come up, lol. I tease. That would also help my butt, so it couldn't hurt, right? Hip machines? I am SO going to have to ask about those tomorrow! Thank you!

People always think I am trying to fish compliments when I say that I have thunder thighs, because I am generally wearing clothes, lol, but, in my "before" pics, it is CLEAR that my thighs do not match my body size or type at all. But, that's what (hopefully) eating clean, working out, etc. will help with, if not, I'll just have to rock those thunder thighs proudly come November. :tongue:
    My mom's side of the family ALL has huge thighs. So, unfortunately, some of us are just genetically doomed to larger thighs.

However, running along with the hip machines at the gym have helped mine a lot. They are still on the larger side, but they are pure muscle.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

I knew it was going to be a stupid, but legit question when I asked. My husband told me when we got home from the gym earlier this evening and after he met my trainer that I need to be honest with him about my "problem" areas. i.e. thighs and cellulite, so he can see if he can work something into out workout. Now, my husband is completely supportive of my entering my first ever competition, but he is also realistic and knows I am, too. Plus, he only said out loud what I was already thinking and worrying about, hearing it only confirmed my worst fears. I just didn't think about asking about it or mentioning it to the trainer.

Here's a link:

Happy to help! Just remember that your "problem areas" aren't a problem outside of the competition.
    I wish you luck!!!

(and I happen to be one of the ones genetically destined to have a heavier lower body, lol)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    running! Doh! I thought that word might come up, lol. I tease. That would also help my butt, so it couldn't hurt, right? Hip machines? I am SO going to have to ask about those tomorrow! Thank you!

People always think I am trying to fish compliments when I say that I have thunder thighs, because I am generally wearing clothes, lol, but, in my "before" pics, it is CLEAR that my thighs do not match my body size or type at all. But, that's what (hopefully) eating clean, working out, etc. will help with, if not, I'll just have to rock those thunder thighs proudly come November. :tongue:

Yep. The hip machines helped, but really? Running is what toned them right up. Now, if I could find something that would eliminate my love handles? Fabulous! LOL

At my gym there are two different hip machines - one that has you push the weight out (this will work the outside) and one will have you pushing the weight in (this helps the inside of the thighs).
  • bry_all01
    Options
    I totally agree, outside of that world, not too shabby and I never really gave it much thought, until I decided to enter, but I thank you for your very kind words and your well wishes! I say we're all gorgeous, just fine tuning (toning). :happy:

Here's a link:

Happy to help! Just remember that your "problem areas" aren't a problem outside of the competition.
    I wish you luck!!!

(and I happen to be one of the ones genetically destined to have a heavier lower body, lol)
  • bry_all01
    Options
    then, I will live on both (inner and outer) and run on the treadmill before and after on days I am not working out with my trainer - so, hopefully it covers both.

Oh, when I did a You Tube search on thunder thighs, there was a TON of love handle exercises out there. I hope that helps! And, thank you again! I will start work on that tomorrow. :happy:

Yep. The hip machines helped, but really? Running is what toned them right up. Now, if I could find something that would eliminate my love handles? Fabulous! LOL

At my gym there are two different hip machines - one that has you push the weight out (this will work the outside) and one will have you pushing the weight in (this helps the inside of the thighs).
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    One legged squats... (UGH)
  • bry_all01
    Options
    thanks! I'll do/try them, too.
    One legged squats... (UGH)