Wireless headphones

Options
2»

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I went Hussar off Amazon for 2 reasons. I need over the ear headphones cause I can't keep buds in. And they're good enough but cheap because I either lose, break or they just stop working.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Just to be contrary, because I am, I don't see the allure to wireless earphone/buds. I have an arm band where I keep my I-Phone (my music devise), plug in my ear buds, wrap the wire over the top of the arm band holder, which is near my shoulder, and plug the buds into my ears, which are also near my shoulder. If the buds come out, they are attached to the phone, they don't get lost. The wire has never gotten in the way during runs, elliptical use, assisted pull ups, weight training, ab work or at any time during any activity. And they don't have to be recharged on a regular basis. The buds that came with my phone word more than well enough.

My$0.02

For me, my cheap Ebay wireless headphones are quite useful when I'm doing yoga. Sometimes a yoga instructor will say something along the lines of, "Pause the video anytime you want to do XYZ as long as you'd like." It's easier to press the button on my headphone to pause a video than it is to get out of a yoga pose to go pause a video.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just a thought: I have a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that I don't like so I usually stick with the ones that have a cord. To avoid catching the cord I simply run it under my shirt and then plug it in to my phone, which I keep on my belt clip. When I used an arm band I simply ran the cord under my shirt and out my sleeve. Problem solved.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    JoeCWV wrote: »
    Just a thought: I have a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that I don't like so I usually stick with the ones that have a cord. To avoid catching the cord I simply run it under my shirt and then plug it in to my phone, which I keep on my belt clip. When I used an arm band I simply ran the cord under my shirt and out my sleeve. Problem solved.

How about that, I'm not alone.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I got a pair today, the over the ear type, name is Canbor; quite inexpensive, husband said, but sound quality seems ok, & mostly good reviews on Amazon, first trial @ gym tomorrow morning. I get really annoyed by cord on my current earphones, so am looking forward to trying these.
    Have used these 2 days now @ gym; paired up with my iPod just fine, sound is good, different sized ear plug thingies are good (I have small ears). So for the price, they seem to be a great deal & perfect for what I wanted.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Ever since I got my DD wireless headphones, she loves them. But because of her age I didn't want to spend even $100 on them, so I went to TJMAXX and got her a $20 pair. If they break, then I'll get here another. The thing with wearing headphones in the gym is the sweat, and eventually those headphones get jacked.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I just got the Beats solo3. I did not buy them. Pretty sure they broke the bank but I love them.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Ever since I got my DD wireless headphones, she loves them. But because of her age I didn't want to spend even $100 on them, so I went to TJMAXX and got her a $20 pair. If they break, then I'll get here another. The thing with wearing headphones in the gym is the sweat, and eventually those headphones get jacked.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Some of the better sport wireless headphones will have a lifetime warranty against damage from sweat. In that case though you are betting they will get damaged from sweat before you lose them or screw up something else outside the warranty period.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    dtcjem wrote: »
    I just tried a pair of "Bone Conduction" earphones and I loved them. They don't go in your ear so I could still hear so it was weird, but they sounded great and weren't too expensive....under $100 I think. they are wireless Bluetooth. Has anyone else tried them?

I looked into bone conduction for waterproof MP3 for swimming but went with this instead. Love it!

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Walkman-NWZW273S-Waterproof-Swimming/dp/B00I05EFO4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1482861230&sr=8-4&keywords=sony+waterproof+headphones

For the gym, I do want to be able to block out the music, or TV, or other patrons.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    realt92 wrote: »
    If you decide you like wireless headphones and want to go with a higher end pair later on I highly suggest Bose SoundSport Wireless. They have great sound quality and they're water and sweat resistant, which is a big plus if you sweat a lot or workout outdoors and happen to get caught in the rain. I've found that they stay in place fairly well during running.

How good is the Bose SoundSport Wireless at blocking background noise?
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have the plantronics backbeat fits, $75 at Costco and I got $20 off, so $55. They are completely waterproof, you can even wear them swimming. They sound great and last about 7 hrs. I can go pretty far without losing the sound. These do not completely block out sound but I don't hear much over them. They tell you how much time,is left in charge when you turn them on. By the way, the retail on these is $130 and they are on sale at plantronics for $100 right now.

http://www.costco.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Fit-Bluetooth-Sport-Headphones-with-Armband.product.100292021.html

I also body got wireless powerbeats 2 Black Friday weekend for $85 down from $199 but I haven't tried them yet. I'll let you know how they are when I do.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    The Brookstone wireless ones are really good. I got them for XMas and am loving them. They stay right on and dont fall while doing burpees like my last set which was JAM HDFX.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    JoeCWV wrote: »

How about that, I'm not alone.

And? :huh:
  • NoMeatAthlete66
    NoMeatAthlete66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought Beats 2 years ago. They broke twice (small pin in the hinges) but other then that, no problem at all and great sound. I will look at the Bose for my next set. I would be curious they feel over the ears.
  • Car0line16
    Car0line16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bose Soundsports for me also, bought them on 28.12.16 and i love them, don't fall out my ears and the sound is amazing. I would have had beats (if reviews were not horrendous) or £10 pair if they existed (and reviews were not horrendous), but so glad i got these. I am a 5k runner and they block the sound out for me.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I use Jabra Sport Pulse HRM earphones.
    A little pricey but they double up as an extremely accurate heart rate monitor.

Great quality sound too!

Though, bose or beats are really good and a lot cheaper!
  • realt92
    realt92 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    realt92 wrote: »
    If you decide you like wireless headphones and want to go with a higher end pair later on I highly suggest Bose SoundSport Wireless. They have great sound quality and they're water and sweat resistant, which is a big plus if you sweat a lot or workout outdoors and happen to get caught in the rain. I've found that they stay in place fairly well during running.

How good is the Bose SoundSport Wireless at blocking background noise?

They don't block out sound as well as the earbuds that you insert into the ear canal, but they block out sound pretty well. If I'm hearing more than I'd like to I just adjust them so they fit better in my ear and that usually does the trick.