13»

Replies

• serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    serapel wrote: »
    Tired plus that "dazed" feeling the OP mentioned. That, for me, is a dead give away I'm over training. I'm just coming out a forced 2 day rest period, no exercise at all, due to that. I feel worlds better and the dazed feeling is gone, so I started out light this morning and will be more careful..

Making myself train is easy - Making myself get the necessary recovery time....I can get really stupid with that lol.

Pregnancy also makes you feel like that in the beginning. Dazed and tired.

I don't...have the right anatomy for that lol. OP could though - I honestly didn't know if the guy or gal in the OPs avatar is the OP..

are you really a hamster?
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Tired plus that "dazed" feeling the OP mentioned. That, for me, is a dead give away I'm over training. I'm just coming out a forced 2 day rest period, no exercise at all, due to that. I feel worlds better and the dazed feeling is gone, so I started out light this morning and will be more careful..

Making myself train is easy - Making myself get the necessary recovery time....I can get really stupid with that lol.

Pregnancy also makes you feel like that in the beginning. Dazed and tired.

I don't...have the right anatomy for that lol. OP could though - I honestly didn't know if the guy or gal in the OPs avatar is the OP..

are you really a hamster?

:D I feel like one some days. Spin in circles and such lol
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I admire your tenacity. You are getting great advice here.

@serapel Thank you! That was really nice to read!

Also, I really appreciate everyone's advice! You guys are awesome! I rested all day yesterday and ate plenty. I'm a little tired still but the dazed feeling is gone. I think I want to rest at least one more day, then I'll start adding light workouts again. I do love walks, so I'll probably do that.

I started reading String Curves last night. He has a lot of good information about overtraining. You guys are right- I did too much too soon. He recommends two or three 20-30 minute cardio sessions in addition to lifting three times a week. I'm going to start lifting again next week using his program. Brad Schienfeld said cardio can be safely performed for up to 60 minutes, 6 days a week in addition to his 3x/week lifting program, but I think his book is designed to address the needs of really fit people in addition to newbies like me.

I'm the girl in my avatar btw :):) I really shouldn't be pregnant because I'm on birth control, but I'll check just to be sure.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    mila_lova wrote: »
    I admire your tenacity. You are getting great advice here.

@serapel Thank you! That was really nice to read!

Also, I really appreciate everyone's advice! You guys are awesome! I rested all day yesterday and ate plenty. I'm a little tired still but the dazed feeling is gone. I think I want to rest at least one more day, then I'll start adding light workouts again. I do love walks, so I'll probably do that.

I started reading String Curves last night. He has a lot of good information about overtraining. You guys are right- I did too much too soon. He recommends two or three 20-30 minute cardio sessions in addition to lifting three times a week. I'm going to start lifting again next week using his program. Brad Schienfeld said cardio can be safely performed for up to 60 minutes, 6 days a week in addition to his 3x/week lifting program, but I think his book is designed to address the needs of really fit people in addition to newbies like me.

I'm the girl in my avatar btw :):) I really shouldn't be pregnant because I'm on birth control, but I'll check just to be sure.

Great news

And hope you're feeling back on form soon
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @Sued0nim Thank you! Also, I love reading your replies in threads because you have so much wisdom.

I'm feeling SO much better! During Christmas, I rested and ate lots. Yesterday, I did the first workout in the Strong Curves program. I'm trying to eat enough, especially protein. Today, I'm determined to rest, even though a small crazy part of me still thinks hours of cardio is the answer. I need to take it slow until my body gets used to strength training.

Thanks again everyone!