Anyone try hydroxycut?

Options
I am considering trying a weight loss aid/ fat burner pill like hydroxycut? Has anyone every tried it or another kind, if so what kind and what are your thoughts. Need a little help getting over this last little hurdle.

Replies

• Babs2Baby
    Babs2Baby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I did try them. The chewable ones, they don't suppress appetite but they do give you a small boost of energy but caffeine gives you more. They're a rip off and way too expensive.
  • drewbendzak
    drewbendzak Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I Agree/Disagree with the comments on here. I have tried HydroxyCut and Super HD products in the past when I was trying to get a bit more definition. I think they work, that is if you are working out and watching your diet at the same time. The caffeine and Niacin in the products help curb hunger, provide energy, and flush your body eliminating bloating. However, if you think taking these are going to magically help you shred pounds, your are destined for a disappointing experience. TBH you're much better off putting in an extra 10 minutes of cardio each day than wasting your money on another supplement.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    I Agree/Disagree with the comments on here. I have tried HydroxyCut and Super HD products in the past when I was trying to get a bit more definition. I think they work, that is if you are working out and watching your diet at the same time. The caffeine and Niacin in the products help curb hunger, provide energy, and flush your body eliminating bloating. However, if you think taking these are going to magically help you shred pounds, your are destined for a disappointing experience. TBH you're much better off putting in an extra 10 minutes of cardio each day than wasting your money on another supplement.

The bolded parts seem to conflict with one another.

If you're working out and watching your diet, you don't need fat burners (and they don't do anything anyway, so you still don't need fat burners).
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I have used SuperHD in the past as a morning preworkout and afternoon energy boost. It definitely gave me more energy and increased heart rate and sweating. Taking them with caffeine was fun. But after they were gone, I decided it wasn't worth the money to buy more and switched to caffeine pills instead....About a $50 per month saving, same effect.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I have used SuperHD in the past as a morning preworkout and afternoon energy boost. It definitely gave me more energy and increased heart rate and sweating. Taking them with caffeine was fun. But after they were gone, I decided it wasn't worth the money to buy more and switched to caffeine pills instead....About a $50 per month saving, same effect.

increased heart rate and sweating doesnt mean more calories or fat being burned.

I never expected them to burn calories or fat...They were a freebie and I enjoyed the energy boost and experimentation with them.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

increased heart rate and sweating doesnt mean more calories or fat being burned.

I never expected them to burn calories or fat...They were a freebie and I enjoyed the energy boost and experimentation with them.

then why mention the increased heart rate or sweating unless you were warning the OP about that being a side effect?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    And you will note that every single one will say something to the effect of, "our product used with a combination of diet and exercise..." That's pretty much all you need to know.
    Yup. Kitty litter will help you lose weight. If eaten along with a sensible diet. :|

Take my money!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Older Hydroxycut worked, because it had the complete ECA stack: Ephedra, Caffeine, and Aspirin; which in clinical trials reduced hunger, did raise BMR slightly, and gave the individual better athletic performance.

Unfortunately, ephedra is now banned, because a couple of morons decided to take 4x the recommended dose, and then go perform in an extreme athletic sport, in the middle of summer.

New Hydroxycut doesn't have the ephedra, so no, it has none of those benefits, really.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    And you will note that every single one will say something to the effect of, "our product used with a combination of diet and exercise..." That's pretty much all you need to know.
    Yup. Kitty litter will help you lose weight. If eaten along with a sensible diet. :|

I'm not sure I would recommend that diet plan.... lol

My cats are very protective of their littler box to the point they have to supervise when we clean it.
  • duvs33
    duvs33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Years ago I was on a diet supplement. Went to party with a friend and we were drinking wine. All of a sudden I started having shortness of breath. I couldn't catch my breath, so I asked my friend to dial 911. I ended up in the emergency room!! Needless to say I didn't take another supplement after that. I, of course, would say no to supplements. Your life may be in jeopardy someday.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Pills are not the way to lose weight. Changes to your diet and exercise are how you lose weight. There are no shortcuts.

If I could have lost my weight doing anything but making changes to diet/exercise, I would have. I've tried different pills, and all it did was totally freak out my liver.