Walking Dead disappointment?

Options
walkermom75
walkermom75 Posts: 45 Member
I've heard the ratings were down after the first half of season 7...idc, I'll be faithful until the bloody end. I think they're building the storyline up for the second half of the season. I'm missing my Sunday nights! I can't wait for February!!!

Replies

• walkermom75
    Options
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    I used to like watching tv series before i talked myself out of it. Its all disappointing now im like whats the point its a waste of time unproductive it doesn't burn Calories at the end i gain nothing

You make me sad...get on that treadmill and binge some Netflix!
  • walkermom75
    Options
    I used to like watching tv series before i talked myself out of it. Its all disappointing now im like whats the point its a waste of time unproductive it doesn't burn Calories at the end i gain nothing

You make me sad...get on that treadmill and binge some Netflix!

And chill?

If you want...I've got Netflix, Hulu, and amazon
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Glenn and Abraham were my favorite characters, so in a way I'm kinda relieved that they're dead because now my heart won't be in my throat every episode. I really thought Judith was gonna get shot that last episode since Olivia had been holding her a lot.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP. I think I'm in it for the long haul. I honestly didn't mind the first half of the season. Besides the first and last episodes there wasn't a lot of action, but they were building the storyline for part two. I'm excited to see all of the groups join together to fight Negan!
  • Oxytocin_Panda
    Oxytocin_Panda Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP. I think I'm in it for the long haul. I honestly didn't mind the first half of the season. Besides the first and last episodes there wasn't a lot of action, but they were building the storyline for part two. I'm excited to see all of the groups join together to fight Negan!

I am still taking wagers. I think there will be a melee against the collective groups, but I do thing Dwayne is going to off Negan during the commotion. They profiled his pain and humiliation too much not for it to be relevant to the story.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

I am still taking wagers. I think there will be a melee against the collective groups, but I do thing Dwayne is going to off Negan during the commotion. They profiled his pain and humiliation too much not for it to be relevant to the story.

I think he'll try or maybe instrumental in his capture, but there's no way Dwayne can kill Negan.
  • walkermom75
    Options

There is definitely going to be a reckoning and I'm quite sure Neegan will feel Daryl's wrath!
  • Oxytocin_Panda
    Options
    There is definitely going to be a reckoning and I'm quite sure Neegan will feel Daryl's wrath!

...but will they do it at the end of this season or make it a cliff-hanger? I don't follow the illustrated version so I have no idea.

• Oxytocin_Panda
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    I think he'll try or maybe instrumental in his capture, but there's no way Dwayne can kill Negan.

Interesting thought!...capture...that would change dynamics and allow interesting story line, never considered anything but an offing.
    Why can't Dwayne do it? Someone takes your partner and flaunts them in front of you, in front of others...? There are real stories out there of people doing far worse for less provocation.
  • walkermom75
    Options

...but will they do it at the end of this season or make it a cliff-hanger? I don't follow the illustrated version so I have no idea.

Always a cliffhanger!
  • walkermom75
    Options
    You know what I don't get? Neegan could've been killed so easily so many times and then his group would just disintegrate...a lot of his minions are miserable under his rule...or why someone from his group hasn't done it already baffles me.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options

I burn calories in anticipation of the next episode after wAtching the good ones! ;p
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this will be where Maggie's character will step up? She was sort of politician in training while at Alexandria. Maybe she'll be the one to bring the groups together? At the very least she is so taking over hilltop and will have to get rid of Gregory. Carol and Morgan are ambassadors for The Kingdom. Tara for the fish village even though they want her dead. Daryl had Dwayne's wife's sympathy and she's Negan's top girl who could either betray Negan herself or convince Dwayne to? I think the biggest win would be for Negan's own people to betray him as a whole. The people inside who aren't reaping the rewards. Lots of things could happen.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Neegan is stupid. Ratings deserve to be down.

Let's see - hmmm - if some dude pressed a hot iron on my face and was "doing" my wife, I am pretty sure I would be motivated to slip into his room with the gun (that all of them seem to have) and "fix" the problem. You don't have to kill him either...you could wound him and feed him to the walkers - that seems fitting.

Or better yet, do him in front of everyone. Would probably be called a hero.

P.S. - I would burn his bat.
  • Oxytocin_Panda
    Options
    You know what I don't get? Neegan could've been killed so easily so many times and then his group would just disintegrate...a lot of his minions are miserable under his rule...or why someone from his group hasn't done it already baffles me.

for the same reason despots throughout history have succeeded. People A) intrinsically want to follow/believe in someone B) Fear - fear that he is bigger than life, the will fail and will be brutally punished
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

I thought so too but I guess he's supposed to be so intimidating that no one has had the balls yet, except for Rosita but she missed. Maybe he's just been lucky and all attempts have failed discouraging more ppl? The more corrupt individuals may not like his methods but are putting up with it bc they want the perks. It does seem weird though since his weapon of choice is just a bat. I'd be more scared of a gun or Michone's katana.
  • walkermom75
    Options
    I know it's easy to say when I'm just a viewer I'm sure there's a whole psychology to his fear mongering. Eventually evil dictators and their toadies get what's coming though.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options

That's the rub. Too many people with weapons near him. Particularly Carl, who went on a suicide mission and took out several of Neegan's guys, yet somehow stopped his machine gun to let Neegan do his psychological game playing. Sorry, his Alpha can't be that strong.