1300 Calorie Club

Options
Who else is out there with their mfp telling them 1300 will help lose 1lb a week? I did an in body weight thing and was told I needed 1418 to lose or 1558 daily when I exercise. I have 50 lbs to lose. I am 5'1" 174lbs. I am starting new so any help would be appreciated. Shoulf I do the 1400 one or 1300?! I just really want to lose weight. Goodness.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Who else is out there with their mfp telling them 1300 will help lose 1lb a week? I did an in body weight thing and was told I needed 1418 to lose or 1558 daily when I exercise. I have 50 lbs to lose. I am 5'1" 174lbs. I am starting new so any help would be appreciated. Shoulf I do the 1400 one or 1300?! I just really want to lose weight. Goodness.

I'm not in the 1300 club but you could always try the 1418 and if you aren't losing, then go down to 1300.

If you have 50 lbs to lose, losing one pound a week is safe. Just make sure you are accurately weighing your food and using the correct entries.

Remember that it takes time for weight loss to stabilize and a loss is a loss, so you may not lose a pound every single week but if you're on a downward trend, you're good.
  • shmags
    shmags Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm similar height and size of you I have been loosing 1Ib a week eating 1400 calories lost 1st 2 1Ib so far
  • krystenmcox33
    krystenmcox33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you both very much. I may try the 1418 very strictly for 1 month and see how that goes for me. I greatly appreciate the responses. I am afraid maybe 1300 is too low. I did lose 50 lbs once before eating around 800 calories a day which I know is awful.
  • Babs2Baby
    Babs2Baby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have 50lbs to lose too and since I just sit at a desk all day I should be eating around 1200-1300 a day well according to MFP anyways. Not very mobile, which is probably why I gained so much weight. I'm also on the shorter side lol 5'1 as well. I'm going to try doing this but if I feel like I'm starving I'll eat a little more.
  • krystenmcox33
    Options
    I am going to try the 1418. If that fails then I will do just like you and start around 1300 since we have the same amount to lose. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Babs2Baby
    Babs2Baby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yeah same to you! Keep me updated on what works. I just started doing this today so I have no idea how this week will turn out, lol.
  • krystenmcox33
    Options
    DITTO
  • duvs33
    duvs33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 1320 a day calorie plan and I am at a stalemate because I lost 6.2lbs and now I'm in my third week, and can't seem to lose 1lb. I don't know what to do. Yes, I workout. However, my goal is to lose 2lbs a week. I have a lot more than 50lbs to lose. :/
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1", 180lb and my base (before exercise/Fitbit adjustment) is 1260 to lose 1lb/week. I very rarely end up eating less than 2000 Calories though because I'm super active and like my food.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    duvs33 wrote: »
    I'm on the 1320 a day calorie plan and I am at a stalemate because I lost 6.2lbs and now I'm in my third week, and can't seem to lose 1lb. I don't know what to do. Yes, I workout. However, my goal is to lose 2lbs a week. I have a lot more than 50lbs to lose. :/

Weight loss is not linear. It's not always going to be two lbs a week. Some weeks you won't lose any.

Have you been accurately weighing and logging your foods? That's the first area to check if someone has 'stalled'. I put that in quotations because one week without loss is not a stall.

• innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey- I got the same recommendation. I think I am going to alternate 1300 and 1400 every other day.
  • jacklynb46
    jacklynb46 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    5"1 here also..my settings are set to lose 1 pound a week at 1450 cals,going to try to stay under 1400 though.
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5'4" and am set at 1360 calories a day for 1 lb a week weight loss. Usually easier to make if I add some exercise in.
  • krystenmcox33
    Options
    Those of you that are set around 1300 / 1400 are you losing and if so how much? Have any of you considered weight watchers? I wanted to try MFP since it is free and has more food options to choose from.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    MFP TOLD ME 1320 FOR 2LBS A WEEK,
    stats 5'4
    cw 249.1
    sw: 295.5
    started 08.15.16
    so far so good cant complain
  • krystenmcox33
    Options
    Oh wow wonderful! Do you use the macros as well? I was going to shoot for 40 protein, 30 fat and 30 carbs. Keep up the good work.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oh wow wonderful! Do you use the macros as well? I was going to shoot for 40 protein, 30 fat and 30 carbs. Keep up the good work.

My goals are set:
    Carbohydrates 165 g- 50 %
    Fat 44 g- 30 %
    Protein 66 g- 20 %
  • duvs33
    duvs33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

duvs33 wrote: »

Weight loss is not linear. It's not always going to be two lbs a week. Some weeks you won't lose any.

Have you been accurately weighing and logging your foods? That's the first area to check if someone has 'stalled'. I put that in quotations because one week without loss is not a stall.

Thanks for the good information. I do log my foods but it still seemed like a stall. It's good to know that l'm not. I think I will change my food up a bit. Still eating on holiday ham. I may try to drink more water. I may be able to lose a pound before the New Year. :) Happy Holidays!!