My NSV!

Options
meli_medina
meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
I've been a runner in the past and my fastest time was something like a 9:59 mile, but this was about 5 years, a baby, and two major surgeries ago. I haven't even exercised for about 2 years other than a random (short) jog and slow walks with my kids to the park. I have keloids on my abdominal muscles from my surgeries that made pretty much any activity that involved engaging my abs painful and uncomfortable.

Anyway, short of my life story, I had the keloids treated and they are lessened and I have been doing Pilates and sit ups to try to rebuild my core, as well as doing C25K. My running partner called me this morning and asked if I was up for a run. I wasn't sure and I told her that, but I went and ran for 2 (very slow) miles, 1/2 of which was uphill! It took me like 26 minutes (like I said, very slow), but it was 26 minutes straight of running! I'm so proud of myself! =D

Replies

• mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That is great!!!! Keep it up!
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!
  • Shannon4J
    Shannon4J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! It's not as slow as you think it is! You were running at almost 5MPH!! your fastest is 6MPH!!! Seriously: GREAT Job!!!!!!! Woot Woot!! :)
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. :) And for the continued encouragement as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!