Why do i feel nauseous if i go longer than two hours without eating?

Options
AngeleyesJo
AngeleyesJo Posts: 191 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I seem to feel nauseous if i dont eat longer than two hours is there something wrong?

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Blood sugar maybe? Are you eating protein at every meal?
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Could be a sign of diabetes or thyroid issues. Have you had a medical checkup recently?
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    I try to eat protein at every meal whether it's enough I don't know I've been checked for thyroid and diabetes and no problems there
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Pregnant?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Look into reactive hypoglycemia. Blood glucose can plummet a couple of hours after eating so one feels the need to eat more. It is often a sign of early insulin resistance. In me, it was usually more fatigue, light headedness, shaking and headaches a few times per day.

I switched to a ketogenic diet so my body was no longer reliant on glucose for fuel. It never happens anymore.

Do you have a glucometre? (blood glucose metre) Try checking BG right before you eat then one and two hours after eating, as well as when symptoms start. It is often the large drop in BG that causes the symptoms and not actually hypoglycemia. A big drop for me might be from a 9 to a 4. The 4 is not hypoglycemic but when you fall to that within an hour, it feels bad. Checking frequnetly was the only way to discover it. Otherwise I would have thought, "Great! A 4 two hours after eating. I'm doing great." Yeah -no.
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    No definitely not pregnant, I will look into reactive hypoglycemia
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Are you on any new medications/herb/vitamin or eating something you don't regularly eat? Also are you eating too few calories?

Could be pancreas or gallbladder.

Otherwise I suggest going to see a dr. Everyone has seemed to cover everything else.

I personally hate eating every 2-3 hrs, it seems to make me want to eat everything in sight.

good luck.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    See your doctor. It isn't typical for a non-infant to be unable to go two hours without eating under healthy circumstances. Hope everything is okay; let us know what your doctor says. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
  • AngeleyesJo
    Options
    I'm eating about 1800 calories I work in a physically demanding job it might be more protein I need
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    More protein than you need won't make you nauseous. Yes, go see a doctor.
  • brandisonfire
    brandisonfire Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am hypoglycemic, and I have to eat small amount every hour or so, or I will get migraines and feel sick. Try eating small snacks like nuts, or a granola bar and see if that helps. You don't need large meals, per-say, just to keep your blood sugar from getting too low.

Hope that helps.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    See your doctor.

Maybe some of the suggestions above.
    Maybe your stomach is too acidic and you need a medication like a proton pump inhibitor.

Maybe you are just hungry.

Either way, have a chat to your GP/primary care doc to rule out anything that needs intervention.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You train your body to fast
    How much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh ?

I did 5:2 plan and meal replacements I can go a day without eating not feel hungry at all

If you were eating a lot before or high carbs it will make you feel sick until your body adjusts