Insanity Fit test results (post your results too)

Options
2»

Replies

• Uwatts88
    Uwatts88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've just started 60 day insanity this week. I'm on day 5! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • TalQureshi
    TalQureshi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi uwatts88,

Seriously the hard part is over I.e you've actually started it and got past the 1st two days... Which is a shock to the body.

My tips for you are:
    Consistency - keep consistent, always press play (no matter how crap you might feel, unless you're ill)
    Have good carbs (or high energy foods) around 2 hours before working out, you'll need it
    Lots of water
    At least 6 hours sleep per night
    Listen to your body (don't try and keep up with the people on the DVD, you'll risk injury, it's better to keep good form and do 3 jumps than 10 crazy ones, where you'll end up tearing a muscle)
    Modify any moves you struggle with, or when you're tired, as it's better than waiting around.
    Push your own barriers each day and give it your all.

I'm starting month 2 on Monday and loving how I feel now, but the first week was tough as nails.

Good luck, be sure to post your results.

Tal
  • samoejr
    samoejr Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Uwatts88,

Congratulations on getting started!
    Just press play and take breaks whenever you need them - and don't worry you'll get better and fitter with time. Make sure you eat enough healthy food (don't starve yourself) and don't pay much attention to the scale. You'll probably start seeing results around the 3rd/4th week and that's totally normal. Earlier this year, I did 6 weeks of functional training with light weights(it was a transformation challenge at my gym) and was furious that the number on the scale won't move during the first 4 weeks. But after the 6 weeks were over, some people didn't even recognise me anymore! And on my first day, I couldn't do a single burpee, but by the end of the challenge I could do around 20 burpees in a minute.

It's my third week doing insanity and I've only started feeling the difference now. So just keep moving and you'll do and feel great in no time. Also make sure you're hydrated and get enough sleep.

Best of luck.
  • TalQureshi
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi all,

So I completed fit test 3 at week 6 of insanity and I'm happy to say that I'm definitely feeling stronger and fitter. The results are showing too:

Week 6 fit test 3:
    Switch kicks: 56 (1st fit test 33) +23
    Power jacks: 45 (31)+14
    Power knees: 85 (59)+24
    Power jumps: 30(14)+16
    Globe jumps (4 jumps are 1): 8(5)+3
    Suicide jumps: 14(7)+7
    Push up jacks: 29(17)+12
    Low plank obliques: 50(22)+28

Tell you one thing, month 2 is not easy, you really have to 'dig deep' :)

Max cardio circuit is brutal, the others are hard but not as cardio heavy.

Let us know how you're all doing and friend me (if you want
  • samoejr
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Tal. Your results are always impressive!
    I just finished week 3 and was comparing today's progress photo to my pre-insanity photo, but saw no difference so I overindulged in loads of nuts and peanut butter. But then remembered my reply to Uwatts88 above so picked myself up and did pure cardio & cardio abs (as if they'll melt away all the fat :smile: )
  • TalQureshi
    Options
    samoejr wrote: »
    Hi Tal. Your results are always impressive!
    I just finished week 3 and was comparing today's progress photo to my pre-insanity photo, but saw no difference so I overindulged in loads of nuts and peanut butter. But then remembered my reply to Uwatts88 above so picked myself up and did pure cardio & cardio abs (as if they'll melt away all the fat :smile: )

Thanks so much Samoejr, means a lot...
    In regards to progress photos, I've only noticed REAL change in week 4 onwards around the day I started month 2. Trust me this is when the Shaun T himself says you see the real results.
    I've done insanity 4 years ago and can vouch for that.

Lol... I like the fact you reflected on your own advice :)

To be honest I don't think you even cheated, as the snacks you had were healthy. Was with a friend and ended to treating myself to chicken & chips with cabbage salad. Trust me the chips were unhealthy :wink: but still lost another pound.

I had a rest from insanity yesterday (will do recovery on Sunday instead), just had a lack of sleep, so was tired and body was aching. Had to listen to the body.

Feel fresh today though :smiley:

• samoejr
    Options
    You're absolutely right, Tal. Just finished month 1 and my jeans are loose now :)

I'm thinking of skipping the recovery week and starting month 2 right away. My mom will be visiting next week and I won't have much time to work out, so want to make the most out of this week. Does this sound like a bad idea?

How's month 2 treating you?

And how's everyone else doing?
  • TalQureshi
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It's difficult but don't think I can go back to month 1 workouts as I'm enjoying the challenge.

I wouldn't recommend skipping recovery, as I started month 2 fully repaired because of it... Felt a hell of a lot fresher and pain free. But it's up to you.

I had a week off from workouts last week and stared back at week 6 today. Was ill last week with the flu... Luckily I kept the weight off even though I was a bit naughty