The Breakfast of Champions

Options
2»

Replies

• kajorma
    kajorma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OP-if you decide to try adding Greek yogurt to your oats I found single serving containers of Yoplait Greek 100 Protein flavored yogurts...

I haven't actually made it to the store yet, since I didn't want to shop on the Holiday weekend, and have been doing PB because I already have it. (Working great, btw. Awesome suggestion)

I do plan to look out for the single serve Greek yogurt. I can carry that in to my desk and add it to my regular oatmeal breakfast. That sounds like just my speed.

Honestly, supplementing the instant breakfast with fruit is a great idea too, and I really don't know why it didn't occur to me. I'll have to pick up bananas too.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
    I definitely second the Fage...they fill me up more than the other Greek yogurts and don't taste like chemicals. I load up on them when they are on sale. (I too have tried the cheaper versions and still will settle for dannon and chobani but I'm mildly irritated about it when I open my fridge and it's not Fage.)
    Also, the breakfast burritos...probably one of my top 3 starting out menu tips that I still do to this day. I make about a dozen at a time. I recheat in the microwave for under a minute, wrap back up in the foil to keep it warm and eat it in the car.
    I also will not cook in the morning.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    eta: ok, back from the store lol. OP-if you decide to try adding Greek yogurt to your oats I found single serving containers of Yoplait Greek 100 Protein flavored yogurts-each one has 14 or 15 grams of protein and are 100 calories. Going to try this tonight!

just want to say... try the fage next time. Not only is it *real* greek yogurt, it tastes better and has 18g for 100 cals. ;)

The Yoplait's were on sale for $1 :D I'll keep an eye out for deals on Fage though!

Oh, i know! I used to buy them sometimes as well, but i was always left disappointed. :(

P.S. if you have the opportunity, omg try these. the macros suck, but who cares, it is the best yogurt i've EVER had in my life.
    Liberte--700x467.jpg

Ugh. I tried one of those - can't remember which flavor - once. I thought it was probably the worst Greek yogurt I've had. And I really like Fage, so it's not like you and I have entirely different tastes in Greek Yogurt.
    :shrug:
  • TR0berts
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Cold leftover pizza. The mother of all breakfasts. :)

Only if you're drinking Jack Daniels with it.

*Carnivore fans will get that.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cooked in vanilla almond milk, bananas, and granola.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    eta: ok, back from the store lol. OP-if you decide to try adding Greek yogurt to your oats I found single serving containers of Yoplait Greek 100 Protein flavored yogurts-each one has 14 or 15 grams of protein and are 100 calories. Going to try this tonight!

just want to say... try the fage next time. Not only is it *real* greek yogurt, it tastes better and has 18g for 100 cals. ;)

The Yoplait's were on sale for $1 :D I'll keep an eye out for deals on Fage though!

Oh, i know! I used to buy them sometimes as well, but i was always left disappointed. :(

P.S. if you have the opportunity, omg try these. the macros suck, but who cares, it is the best yogurt i've EVER had in my life.
    Liberte--700x467.jpg

Ugh. I tried one of those - can't remember which flavor - once. I thought it was probably the worst Greek yogurt I've had. And I really like Fage, so it's not like you and I have entirely different tastes in Greek Yogurt.

nonono the original by that brand. i agree their greek yogurt is awful :persevere:
  • TR0berts
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Liberte--700x467.jpg

nonono the original by that brand. i agree their greek yogurt is awful :persevere:

Ah. I see.