Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Pet peeve: resolutions. Why bother?
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I was going to join a new, better gym/health center (with pool!) this week since I've moved and my old one is a 30-min. drive (and I have time right now to make the switch). Looking forward to being universally reviled!
  • bcchast
    bcchast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i don't let what anyone, newbie or not, does with their gym time affect my life. i'm only focused on one thing in the gym and that's ME!

Same here, once the headphones go in, the whole place could fall in around me I wouldn't even miss a beat. I'm in my world, the gym is my therapy. Besides the gym is normally pretty empty at 4am no matter what time of year.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    bcchast wrote: »
    i don't let what anyone, newbie or not, does with their gym time affect my life. i'm only focused on one thing in the gym and that's ME!

Same here, once the headphones go in, the whole place could fall in around me I wouldn't even miss a beat. I'm in my world, the gym is my therapy. Besides the gym is normally pretty empty at 4am no matter what time of year.

Same here, except when people are talking loudly next to me or the music is so loud that I hear it above mine! Then it ruins my 'me time' a bit.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on going to the gym since I prefer my home and the outdoors more, but I used to go to group fitness classes regularly, and the classes would fill up SO FREAKING FAST because of all the newcomers.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    bcchast wrote: »

4 am for me too! guess it's easy not to be bothered by the other 3-4 people that are there.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Already seen a lot of new faces today. Had to *kitten* around on the elliptical waiting for the leg machines to open up. Maybe I'll try to wake up at 5 tomorrow.
  • UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    People waste so much time at the gym. How does something that should take 45 minutes turn into hours.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    UltraTacks wrote: »
    People waste so much time at the gym. How does something that should take 45 minutes turn into hours.

I'm usually at the gym for 90 minutes, six days a week.
  • bcchast
    bcchast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    UltraTacks wrote: »

I get beyond tired of hearing, it only takes 45 mins. You know if you want to go for 45 min and be done, fine! That doesn't mean it only takes 45 min, that means You only took 45 min. I have done serious HITT before that killed me for 45 minutes and I've also done strength programs that took 2hours. I watch so many people walk in, they don't even break a sweat and then leave 30-40min later, then when it comes to competitions and goals, it's like, I don't understand how you beat me.
    So if you can reach YOUR goals in 45 min days, then great! But I personally find every single one of those lose weight fast, 20 min abs, look like me, it only takes 45min programs a joke. I paid a trainer $thousands for 7 months and only dropped 12 pounds, same thing, 45 minutes. I fired him and did my own research and lost 45 pounds in 3 months, none of which was done in 45 min nothing. Sorry for my rant on your thread, but I will continue my 2 hour training.
    "I do today what others won't, so that tomorrow I can do what others can't"
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm all for newbies at the gym, gotta start some time! But this year I'm at my apartment complex gym which is very small and I'm worried I'm going to roll out of bed at 5 am just to wait for equipment.

oh7hssb5zsuk.jpg