Intermittent fasting challenge 2017 (eg 2 days a week)

Options
I'm interested in hearing from others who want to use intermittent fasting for health or weight loss in 2017. Intermittent fasting used two low calorie days a week (500-600 cals per day) to maintain or reach a healthy diet and improve health. This is a place to share experiences, recipes, tips and challenges.

Replies

• cherylreedau99
    cherylreedau99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok. It's Boxing Day. I'm going to do a500 cal day if it kills me!
  • bobbylou23
    bobbylou23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm interested in trying this - I'm on holiday until 6th Jan so will have to start after that!

What days do you do?
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in for one day a week.
  • chilli329
    chilli329 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    count me in
  • nerdyshashank
    nerdyshashank Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • mimiyoyo1
    mimiyoyo1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would definitely like to try this.
  • cranjo773
    cranjo773 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to try fasting, but never went through with it because I was afraid of losing energy - which I already struggled with fatigue anyways. But, now that I am making better choices, I might be able to do this. I would like to start if it is one day a week, then later if I am confident about it I could do two days a week. Can you all help me?
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in for one day a week! This will be new for me, appreciate any tips you can give!
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind trying it. I was going to read up on the Michael Moseley article about it
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,180 Member
    Options
    Just so you know there is an Intermittent Fasting group here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • Mehkimom
    Mehkimom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I jus started intermittent fasting yesterday I'm doing the 16:8 variation. I'm going to try to incorporate a full day maybe every other week
  • cherylreedau99
    cherylreedau99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to do 3 fast days a week. But I'm not doing set days, so if something comes up I just move the days around. I'm doing two meals on fast days. One around 100 to 150 cals (eg egg and toast/ crusket) and then one meal around 300 cals ( eg small portion of protein and steamed vegetables or salad). If I am in the zone I do the days together. I find fasting easy to do when I'm busy. But it's all a work in process!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in hearing from others who want to use intermittent fasting for health or weight loss in 2017. Intermittent fasting used two low calorie days a week (500-600 cals per day) to maintain or reach a healthy diet and improve health. This is a place to share experiences, recipes, tips and challenges.

Group already exists.........see below..............

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting

and..........

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/8628-5-2-diet

Eating window.........

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kadi82 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind trying it. I was going to read up on the Michael Moseley article about it

Lots of anecdotal "evidence."

If zig-zagging your calories (not a new concept BTW) or dieting just 2 days a week, or using an eating window helps you stay consistent......mission accomplished.
  • fastingfurious35
    fastingfurious35 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started IF - I try to do 20:4 looking for more friends here on MFP that do IF
  • aminat
    aminat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF since September last year and I have lost exactly 30lbs. I have 50lbs to go. Please feel free to add me.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I started IF - I try to do 20:4 looking for more friends here on MFP that do IF

I am following 16:8, and will friend you! I am looking for IF friends as well! Please feel free to add me,too!
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would like to do IF as well. Please add me as a friend too. I'd love to hear how those of you who started earlier are doing with it now. Thanks!