calorie deficit confusion..

Options
Hello everyone

im confuse with calorie deficit method. I wanted to lose 1kg/week..

Im 153 (h), 70kg (w) female (g) 33 yeas and sedentary. My BMR : 1191kcal

As far as I know in order for us to lose 1kg = 7,700kcal to be burn

So I should reduce 1000 cal per/day to reduce 1kg/week bcz my daily calorie didnt allow me to do so as it will cause me starving to death.. tq

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You take the deficit from your TDEE, not your BMR. And at your size, you'll be better off losing .5 kg a week.
  • ilafazilah83
    ilafazilah83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You take the deficit from your TDEE, not your BMR. And at your size, you'll be better off losing .5 kg a week.

what is TDDE... yeah im short person..lol

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    OP your TDEE is likely around 1600kcal without exercise. With say a 300 calorie exercise burn, it would then be 1900kcal. I would stick to just eating 250kcal less from your TDEE, which ever it is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    You can get your TDEE here...

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How many calories did the program give you when you set up your account here?
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is the total calories you burn in a day from bodily functions like breathing as well as exercising and activities. Eat less calories than that and you lose weight, eat more than that and you gain weight. That energy balance is the first law of thermodynamics
  • ilafazilah83
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    OP your TDEE is likely around 1600kcal without exercise. With say a 300 calorie exercise burn, it would then be 1900kcal. I would stick to just eating 250kcal less from your TDEE, which ever it is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Will do so.. thank you for ur advice
  • ilafazilah83
    Options

Opss now I know my BMR is wrong all the while... thank you
  • ilafazilah83
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

1200 cal... thats why im confuse

• ilafazilah83
    Options

TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is the total calories you burn in a day from bodily functions like breathing as well as exercising and activities. Eat less calories than that and you lose weight, eat more than that and you gain weight. That energy balance is the first law of thermodynamics

TTDE is not the same with BMR? I thought is the same thing... no wonder im getting it all wrong ... thanks
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

1200 is the lowest the program will go, but it's also intended for you to eat back exercise calories. It's a bit more challenging for us shorties. I prefer TDEE method described by the others. Depending on how active you are, and how accurate your calorie intake is, will make a difference on your rate of loss. Whatever amount you choose to start with, give it several weeks, and then reevaluate.

Using the TDEE calculator linked above, what do you get?
  • ilafazilah83
    Options

1200 is the lowest the program will go, but it's also intended for you to eat back exercise calories. It's a bit more challenging for us shorties. I prefer TDEE method described by the others. Depending on how active you are, and how accurate your calorie intake is, will make a difference on your rate of loss. Whatever amount you choose to start with, give it several weeks, and then reevaluate.

Using the TDEE calculator linked above, what do you get?

BMR: 1447
    TDEE: 1736
    Daily Calorie: 1302

So in order for me to lose weight I hv to eat less than 1302 and not more than 1736?

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    If you are spot on with your calculations ... 1736 is your maintenance count based on the amount of activity u selected, 1447 is your count if u did not do any exercise/activity. So if u want to lose weight u have maintain the activity u selected AND consistently eat at a deficit from 1736. 1736- (350 deficit) = 1386 calories per day
  • ilafazilah83
    Options
    If you are spot on with your calculations ... 1736 is your maintenance count based on the amount of activity u selected, 1447 is your count if u did not do any exercise/activity. So if u want to lose weight u have maintain the activity u selected AND consistently eat at a deficit from 1736. 1736- (350 deficit) = 1386 calories per day

Ok now its crystal clear...thank you
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Don't eat less than 1302 but try to get in pretty close to1300.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If BMR is 1447, she actually shouldn't go below that if the calculations are correct. Due to short stature and probably not a lot to lose (OP may need to clarify goal weight), a 250 calorie deficit for half a pound a week loss (.25kg) may be more reasonable. It would have OP eating at 1486 calories per day.