I'm sick of hearing....

Options

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Everyone always comments on the clothes I wear now that I don't wear big baggy stuff, but when I did wear the over-sized outfits they would comment on how my clothes were too big. Can't make anyone happy -_-

Also, "Just eat it" "Just skip the gym" "It doesn't even matter you're already fit enough" all from people who don't realize that I only got this way because of dedication and consistency.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    From my male buddy who is "small".
    "I wish I could lose ten pounds, my pants are tight."
    He has been saying this to me for the last four years while I have dropped-145# on WW. But still obese BMI.
    Then he'll ask me "How are you losing weight? What do you eat?"

But we're old, so there's that. LoL
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    mskimee wrote: »
    What is everyone sick of hearing since they started MFP or their diets? I have a few...

You didn't have 20lb to lose...
    Clearly I did, cos I lost it!!

You don't want to get too thin...
    Having a healthy BMI is not too thin

Men like a little meat to play with...
    Sorry, I'm no ones play thing...plus I'm married!

Yeah, well MY (sister,aunty,cousin,friend,brother etc) lost 4 stone doing the (atkins, southwest, slimming world, WW etc) diet...
    It's not a competition

Are you still on your "diet" thing......
    It's a lifestyle change. So yeah!

Are you even allowed that piece of cake? I thought you were on a diet....
    I'm a big girl, I'm allowed whatever I want. I'll enjoy it too! Just in moderation!!
    What is everyone sick of hearing since they started MFP or their diets? I have a few...

Yeah, well MY (sister,aunty,cousin,friend,brother etc) lost 4 stone doing the (atkins, southwest, slimming world, WW etc) diet...
    It's not a competition

I'm a big girl, I'm allowed whatever I want. I'll enjoy it too! Just in moderation!!

It's not a competition

I was just getting ready to reply with, "I thought you were on a diet."
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options

incisron wrote: »

It's not a competition

I was just getting ready to reply with, "I thought you were on a diet."

Oh god, that one!! That's as bad as "Go on, there can't be THAT many calories in this gigantic slab of cake with cream and extra cream and then more cream!"
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    "One slice of cake won't make you fat, have some" erhh, no but if I cheated every time someone wanted me to I'd be 150 kg.
    "If you lose anymore weight you'll get a rat face"
    "You workout to much"

And my personal favourite

"You've lost all the weight, you're done. You don't have to diet or go to the gym anymore"
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Katenextou wrote: »
    "Is she starving herself?"

Oh snap! I forgot about this one!!
  • UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    "You're obsessed!" Yes, I am. And you're not, that's why you're on a downward slide but that's none of my business. In my opinion you NEED to be obsessed to get results, no matter what it is you're talking about.

Lol not much of an ego
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "Do you want any of this (insert sugary food here). No? Are you sure? Really?" No, if I wanted it, I'd go get it, I know where it is.
    "Oh, are you supposed to eat (insert sugary food here)." Yes, if I want it, I can eat it, I know moderation.

The sabotaging comments are what really bug me. I don't believe there's malicious intent, just people trying to make themselves feel better.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    "Are you sure you want to eat that?" Yes, I already told you it fits into my day or that I am having a very rare cheat day keep your nose out of my business! My body is not your problem bc I do everything for me!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has ever told me anything...
  • AnnyisOK
    AnnyisOK Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Ditto to these plus....
    Why are you still running? You're skinny enough. That's not why I run.

Or when other runners ask me why I lift heavy. I don't, not really, I deadlift because it helps strength my core and lower back - muscles that help with running.

Must be nice to be so small. Being short is not something I can do anything about, but being fit is something I work on every single day with the choices I make.

Do you eat? Yes, I probably eat more than half the people who ask me this stupid question but I don't look it because it's called moderation and hardwork.

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    UltraTacks wrote: »
    I'm sick of reading..... accountability buddy..... Be accountable to yourself....

It's about time someone said thaat.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I'm sick of hearing
    "J, when are you going to quit drinking?"

I'm NOT a quitter darnit! B)

This is why I adore you.
    You will never hear me saying this!
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    "You haven't given up any foods since you started losing weight? Not one?" No, man, I have managed to lose weight and keep it off while still eating all the things you think are "bad."

Most of my friends don't say much to me any more because I'm pretty upfront about my lifestyle and they know it by now. I did have a friend who was shocked this summer because I didn't want any kale from her dad's garden. Sorry, just because I'm fit doesn't mean I live on kale (or even like it).

I also had an acquaintance try to sell me Visalus shakes after I posted a transformation pic of myself on Facebook. Like, really? I got here without the help of your BS shakes, I obviously don't need to waste my money on it now.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    It's uncomfortable when people say it to me, but worse hearing it happen to others.

Was with a friend the other day who's lost 40 lbs. She's still in the healthy BMI range. However, some people at the gym came up and basically told her she looked like she was wasting away and starving herself in a laughing, backhanded kind of way that was supposed to sound like a compliment. She was tactful and explained herself to them (far better than I would have done), but damn, that was uncomfortable to listen to....