Hello I'm new here!! Looking for support buddies!!

Options
rhaizam
rhaizam Posts: 13 Member
Hello!! I'm truly excited about this page so far!! I began this week and I feel awesome doing it! Sadly, I'm not new to this whole weight losing struggle, since I was a young teen I been struggling with my weight and Is been even harder since I was diagnosed with hypothyroid 3 years ago. However, I have decided to stay positive. I have tried many weight losing programs like weigh watchers when I was younger and I went from a size 19 to a size 11!! However, in a year I gained some weight back. Then I tried jenny craig and I lost 30 pounds but then started eating normal food again and gained!! This time around I want to lose weight while eating foods I can cook myself and know that I'll be losing weight while eating normal food but in portions! Im so happy I came across this page without even looking for it! I'm currently 22, 5'4 and 255, I had never in my entire life been this heavy, I truly want to show everyone this time around that I CAN DO IT AND KEEP IT OFF!! My goal is to be 145-150 I know is going to be hard work but I want to show myself and others I'm a new strong -willed woman. I would love to meet new friends and support here!!
Have a Blessed day!!

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the extended MFP family...you will find much support here
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome, You have come to the right place.. You can friend me if you would like, support is a wonderful thing.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! :) lol
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! :) lol
  • Nicksmom1974
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to MFP...my experience so far has been that everyone is very supportive and encouraging. I don't know any of my "friends" personally, as we all live in different parts of the country, but still the support is AWESOME!!!!!. For me, I only make it through those days when I want to give up or give in because of a word of encouragement from someone. Feel free to add me as a friend. Congradulations on starting your journey again and keep in mind that if you did it before you can do it again. Best Wishes.
  • ohpurdysure
    Options
    You will do it.. I myself have been battling Hyper thyroid and its alot like Hypo.... so we have something in common..
  • debsavking
    debsavking Posts: 13
    Options
    welcome to mfp great site, i believe u can get to ur goal weight so just hang in dere. i did w w too and gain back weight so im trying to do it on my own. Its great so far, but as u no it has its challenges but we r a ll here to support each other. gud luck i will friend u.:smile:
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Welcome! There are lots of people here to help motivate you. I'm hypo as well, so feel free to add me.
  • CoachKaren
    CoachKaren Posts: 90
    Options
    Im Hypo too. So I feel you! Welcome aboard and stick to it!
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have hypoparathyroidsim!! Friend me! or check out my food diary! I'm good...Most of the time lol
  • Hooper28
    Hooper28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is my first week too. I also did Jenny Craig, Nutri-System, and WW. WW worked but the new program wasn't so I'm doing this and it seems much easier to count calories instead of points, Friend me if you want!
  • crzybyz14
    crzybyz14 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm new to this site to but I have a friend that recommended this site to me for support and motivation. Good luck w/your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend....we can all use the support :))