Determined and needing support

Options
Hi all. I'm Alyx. I've been overweight my entire life, and I've moved into morbidly obese territory. My goal is to lose half my body weight (165 pounds). I've tried meals, pills, shakes, and now I'm trying Atkins. I don't like water, but I'm trying to drink more. I don't like exercise, but I'm going to the gym three times a week. I just need motivation and support. (And to learn how to use this app.)

Replies

• SuicideGoat
    SuicideGoat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Glad you shifted to water and gym. It's really safe. I mean, not only do you feel good about yourself while working out but also feel the heat! Good Luck!
  • sterlinericray
    sterlinericray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep going and don't forget that if your weight is going up, don't be alarmed, that's just water weight. Your body is still changing to the way you want it to.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't like exercise either - HA! I've lost 70ish pounds just by sticking to my calorie limit on here. I don't judge and try to be motivating! You can do this!
  • jadorade91
    jadorade91 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and message me anytime for support! You can do this. You have so many reasons WHY, so just focus on those reasons for motivation! :)
  • mikeshealth2016
    mikeshealth2016 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just read your post I think it's awesome that you want to do something about your weight I've read a little bit about the Atkins diet and personally I would be on the cautious side of it because it drops your carbs next to zero which is fine for a while but around the corner you're liable to hit a plateau you can most definitely lose every pound that you want as long as you stay focused and motivated that congratulations are getting yourself into the gym and remember you can do it